NJOUTLAW6
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool What Diffrent Explorers Do On Scene?

I was just wondering what the FF's make you do on scene? Ours just tell ya to hang tight and wait for orders do u guys do anything ???

------------------
    TJ

SCAFDEXP
    Firehouse.com Guest

Once on the fireground, our explorers can do anything except fight an offensive attack from inside and run the pump.

------------------
    Nick Funk
    Explorer
    Swartz Creek Area Fire Dept.
    Post 41

"FireFighters Walk Where The Devil Dances."

Firehouse.com Guest

The juniors in our department do basically the same as SCAFDEXP

------------------
    Leon Bass
    Jr. Firefighter
    SWVFD Station 16

------------------------
    Disclaimer:
    These are my opinions and do not reflect the views of my department.

my_dog_goes_ARFF
    Firehouse.com Guest

These are the SOG's for the Baden Firematic Post. We have been around for over twenty years so if you have any questions feel free to e-mail me. Nathan (bvfd4713@forcomm.net)

Firematic S.O.G.

Level I Firematic

Level I Firematics are trained in the function and location of the equipment carried
    on the Engines. Level I Firematics are able to respond to the station, help with
    clean-up, and other various station duties. Level I firematics can also be taken to
    and help at brush fires in a “gopher” role and must be under the direct supervision
    of a line officer or firematic advisor at all times.

Level II Firematic

Level II Firematics are trained in the function and location of equipment on the
    Engines and Aerial. They are also trained in beginner firefighting duties (I.E. tool
    selection, air-pack cylinder changing, etc.). Level II Firematics may be taken to
    brush fires to help with fire fighting duties, and can also be taken to structural
    fires during the later phases of the fire (during overhaul, and clean-up) for
    “gopher” duties and must be under the direct supervision of a line officer or
    firematic advisor.

Level III Firematic

Level III Firematics are trained in the function and location of equipment on all
    apparatus. They are also trained in intermediate firefighting duties (hitting the
    hydrant, minor air-pack field maintanence, scene lighting and other various
    outside firefighting duties). Level III Firematics are older (normally 16-17 years
    old, but could be younger) and trained to be more independant and can be trusted
    to work on non fire related duties without direct supervision (I.E. air-pack staging
    and changing area, “gopher” duties, running firefighter rehab areas). Level III
    Firematics can be taken to brush fires, structural fires (at any stage of the event),
    car fires, and car accidents. At brush fires Level III Firematics can work as part of
    the firefighting team and must be supervised by a firefighter appointed or
    approved by a line officer. At a structural fire Level III Firematics can work as a
    “gopher”, changing air-packs, firefighter rehab area, or in other areas that are
    deemed safe by the commanding officer. At car fires and auto accidents Level III
    firematics are there strictly in a observation role and are not allowed to exit the
    apparatus unless instructed to do so by a line officer.

September 19, 2000

Firematic S.O.G.

What a Firematic can and can’t do

1. Firematics must get permission from the officer of the apparatus before they
    can ride on the vehicle and be taken to calls.
    2. Firematics must remain at least 50 feet from a burning building and further if
    deemed necessary by the O.I.C. (Officer In Charge). Firematics may enter the 50
    foot restricted zone if asked to by a Line Officer but must not remain inside the
    zone for an extended period of time, but will never be allowed to enter the
    building (see S.O.G. #5 below).
    3. Firematics are not allowed to ride on the flip down seats.
    4. Firematics do not have to do anything they feel is not safe or not comfortable
    with.
    5. Firematics will not enter a burning structure at any time. They may enter a
    structure after the commanding officer has declared the fire out and the
    commanding officer has deemed the structure safe for entry. The Firematics must
    be under the direct supervision of a line officer or a firefighter appointed by a line
    officer when entering the structure and are there for observation only and must
    exit the structure as soon as they are finished with the tour.
    6. When on a fire scene Firematics must wear all of there protective equipment
    unless a line officer has told them that it is safe to remove the equipment.
    7. Firematics will never be taken to a Hazardous Materials call.
    8. Firematics will never be taken to gas leak calls.
    9. Firematics can only respond to calls from the time school is let out to 2100hrs,
    seven days a week
    10. Firematics must obey the commands of the firefighters while on a fire scene.
    11. Firematics can be removed from the apparatus by a firefighter needing a seat.
    12. Firematics that are State Certified First Responders, or Emergency Medical
    Technicians may be used to treat or assist with the treatment of injured civilians
    or firefighters as long as treatment of the patient does not put the Firematic in
    danger.
    13. The State Of Pennsylvania Child Labor Laws supersede all guidelines set
    forth by this document.

All guidelines may be modified by a line officer to fit the situation that is
    encountered.
    All modifications must be made with the safety of the Firematic put first!

This Document has been reviewed by:

Chief:______________________________________
    Date:__________

Assistant Chief:_______________________________

Captain:____________________________________

Lieutenant:__________________________________Date: __________

President:___________________________________Date: __________

Board Of Directors

Thread Information