Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    basher1
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Are you involved in fire prevention

In my dept. I do alot of fire prevention. Im woundering what other dept.s do for fire prevention and how important it is.

Engine58
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

The juniors arent really active with the fire prevention since MOST of it is during school hours.. But the open house etc...juniors help out. So far our Program is excellent havent had a house fire in 2 years as of october 1st. I say we are doing a pretty good job huh?We've had our 1-2-3 calls where part of a room or a room is on fire and its knocked down 1-2-3 but the majority of our calls are for fire alarm activations...no real fires...so its been goin along pretty well lately....

------------------
    Andrew
    South Amboy, New Jersey
    EMS Cadet in NJ
    "EMTS DON'T DIE THEY JUST STABILIZE"

klingerjr33
    Firehouse.com Guest

over the past two years i've been one of the more active juniors out of my company. i've done a lot with open houses and stuff and this year was my first year doing fire prevention at a school. (went under educational travel of course). i can honestly say i had a blast.

Robert A. Klinger, Jr.
    JUNIOR FIREFIGHTER
    stay low...safe safe

greendrum872
    Firehouse.com Guest

My department has the cadets really involved in fire prevention. This year for FP Week, the cadets had their own night. On the Last day, myself and one other cadet did some extrication demonstrations. We also run the Safety Trailer. I think we can relate to the kids a bit better maybe because we are not some old guys (or girls).

Thread Information