GLVFD FF
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool What do u enjoy best about being a cadet/juinor/explorer??

What do u enjoy best about being a Cadet/Juinor/Explorer??

SCAFDEXP
    Firehouse.com Guest

I love the family like atmosphere and feeling like you really belong. Our explorers are really close knit(as I often jokingly call our advisor father.) It's an awesome experience. One I would never trade.

------------------
    Nick Funk
    Explorer
    Swartz Creek Area Fire Dept.
    Post 41

"FireFighters Walk Where The Devil Dances."

Tristin
    Firehouse.com Guest

yo dude you say you like the family atmosphere but being a firefighter (wich i belive most explorers want do) is all about playing with fire and geting to be one of the few that gets to run into a building when everyone else is running out its about the adrenaline rush you get when you realise that those are YOUR tones comeing over the radio its about the few that get to ride in the big red fire engine its about being what everyone else wants to be but knows the couldnt its about trust and helping people

------------------
    Tristin
    Orcutt Fire Department
    Explorer post 2335

HOOK&LADDER
    Firehouse.com Guest

What I like most about being a Junior/Explorer is feeling like your part of a team or that you completed what you set out to do. Not too many people get to feel this feeling. The adrenulen rush is unbelieveable when you pull up to a job and theres people running everywhere and fire blowing out windows. To the average civilian this looks like chaos, but to a firefighter, its a planned attack....

squad 1335
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

hellping ou in my communtuney out knowing that people look up to you and as sead in other posts the famlly like envoment.

jacob starcher
    xenia fire cadets compeny#29

SCAFDEXP
    Firehouse.com Guest

Originally posted by Tristin:
    yo dude you say you like the family atmosphere but being a firefighter (wich i belive most explorers want do) is all about playing with fire and geting to be one of the few that gets to run into a building when everyone else is running out its about the adrenaline rush you get when you realise that those are YOUR tones comeing over the radio its about the few that get to ride in the big red fire engine its about being what everyone else wants to be but knows the couldnt its about trust and helping people

Tristin:
    Not necessarily. Maybe that is why you are in it. The post did not ask what are some of your favorite things, it asked what IS you favoprite thing. Yours may be playing with fire, and I respect that. I just think you need to have respect for the comments of others. I listed my favorite thing about being an explorer. We are all in the fire service for different reasons.

------------------
    Nick Funk
    Explorer
    Swartz Creek Area Fire Dept.
    Post 41

"FireFighters Walk Where The Devil Dances."

firecadetak
    Firehouse.com Guest

I am a third generation firefighter in our community. I have always wanted to be in emergency services and this is a way for me to get experience before I am 18. Also, In Alaska, at age sixteen, you can be a state certified Emergency Trauma Technician(ETT), you have to be 18 to be EMT certified.

Nozzleman 84
    Firehouse.com Guest

I would have to say that I have two favorite things that tie each other. One of them is the look on little kids faces as you show them the rig and let um sit in the engineers seat. The other would have to be the feeling you get when the lights click on and the tones go off and the dispatcher names your rig to respond.

------------------
    Real Heros Wear SCBAs Not Capes

Thread Information