Thread: Badges

Justin Gershon
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool Badges

I was just wondering if you guys were issued badges. We are, they are the same as a line firefighter in out Dept.

FIREGROZ
    Firehouse.com Guest

we are issued them. But it is hard to get one so I just ordered a cheap on from Galls for like 20 and it looks really nice. I carry it on me

MetalMedic
    Firehouse.com Guest

In my "explorer" days, we were issued "patch badges" with the NALEE emblem on them. They didn't tarnish and you didn't have to take them off to do the laundry.

------------------
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

RescueJay
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

We recently recieved some nice badges from calls.[silver]

Exp.J.Manes
    Colonia Fire

SCAFDEXP
    Firehouse.com Guest

Explorers in my dept. have not been issued badges. We are ordering new uniforms soon, sure would be nice if we get some for use with our uniforms.

------------------
    Nick Funk
    Explorer
    Swartz Creek Area Fire Dept.
    Post 41

"FireFighters Walk Where The Devil Dances."

SFDAJL
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

In my Department we are issued the same badges as regular probie members are, the department name and stuff without a number in it, which we'll get after the regular probie period.

------------------
    Andrew Landstrom
    Cadet
    Station 71
    Spotswood Vol. Fire Department
    Spotswood, New Jersey

You light 'em, We fight 'em

greendrum872
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

On my department, the cadets are issued badges after the probationary period. There are seperate ones for the captian, two Lt.'s, the engineers and the secretary and treasurer. The captian and the Lt.'s get bugles as well. Name badges are also issued to us as soon as we get on.

------------------
    These are not the opinions of my department.

firecadetak
    Firehouse.com Guest

In my department, non of the volunteer members are issued uniforms or badges, we have shirts, hats and coats, but no formal uniform style apparel. Any member is more than welcome to buy there own stuff and a few do have badges.

Justin Boddy
    Firefighter Cadet
    Auke Bay Fire District
    Capital City Fire/Rescue

CFD Explorer
    Firehouse.com Guest

We are issued badges simalar to the ones the full time people get.

Tristin
    Firehouse.com Guest

my post used to have the patch badges from galls but they were discontinued so we just bought some badges of our own witch are compleately different from any of the departments around us

------------------
    Tristin
    Orcutt Fire Department
    Explorer post 2335

titorobfiregod
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

yes.

Forum Member

.................bump

Yep, we are issued one to go with our Class A and Class B uniforms.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

god

no badges, but 'official' uniform with the department patch on the shirts and fleece pull-over, making it a little more offical.

what would the point of badges be? Would they grant you any thing or just for looks?

Forum Member

Ahhh, now here's a good topic for this forum...not nearly so played-out as lights on POVs, personal radios/pagers, or going interior on structures.

Where'd you dig this one up from, RFRD? *LOL* Must've looked hard to find a 7 yr old one.

Anyways, to answer the question posed:
    what would the point of badges be? Would they grant you any thing or just for looks?
    Well they're for flashing at the cops when they try to pull traffic on you for driving 90mph (in the 25) trying to get to the station in time to be on the first-out engine!

I mean, what other significance would an explorer badge have, except to "look like one of the guys"?
    My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

IACOJ--West Coast PITA

Forum Member

We are issued them just as a part of our uniform. Officers have gold badges, explorers silver. They are not even the same design as the departments.

Here, your uniform is mostly paid for by yourself (if you are on the explorer post). In the past, if there were extra explorer dress shirts lying around you got one of those, but now the new guys have to buy them. All patches to go on the uniform shirt are supplied. Each explorer must then provide their own uniform pants, uniform belt, and uniform/dress shoes. In addition to this each explorer must also buy one navy and one grey explorer t-shirt. Other things such as jackets, pullovers, sweatshirts, hats, etc. are optional.

And yeah, I was just randomly going through the forums and this caught my eye.
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
    And yeah, I was just randomly going through the forums and this caught my eye.
    Someone was bored...

Jake,
    Off the subject-- check your PMs. I would of emailed it but I'm in school, no Yahoo access.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFxplr326 View Post
    Someone was bored...

Jake,
    Off the subject-- check your PMs. I would of emailed it but I'm in school, no Yahoo access.
    Kyle, just email it.... the linky no worky.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikie333 View Post
    As part of a uniform, there is nothing wrong with it.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

god

Quote Originally Posted by the1141man View Post
    A
    Well they're for flashing at the cops when they try to pull traffic on you for driving 90mph (in the 25) trying to get to the station in time to be on the first-out engine!
    haha, our old B/C used to give us sh*t about NOT doing that...because they will somehow find out everyhting, and aparently years ago, some explorer tried that approach, flashing his uniform and whatnot to try to get out of a ticket

-that didn't go over so well...within a day, the B/C found out...

Forum Member

all uniforms are optional, given you buy it. badges are not really badges, jus a piece of paper, with scvfs, your staion and your rankd, and lamination and a clip, and your a member of the scvfs

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jrscvfs View Post
    badges are not really badges, jus a piece of paper, with scvfs, your staion and your rankd, and lamination and a clip, and your a member of the scvfs
    Well, I guess that we are issued these as well. We are issued one identification card to be carried in your wallet. (photo, name, rank, stating you are a member, etc.) We are issued another to be worn around the station and at particular events for ID. This is the same as above, but has an additional card with it, this contains the explorers medical information. To get it, the firefighters/emts/medics just have to cut the end of the card and the medical info slides out. One of these medical tags is issued to each explorer to be put on their turnout gear and this is their accountability tag for any event, drill, or emergency that may warrant the use of them.

Forum Member

haha, our old B/C used to give us sh*t about NOT doing that...because they will somehow find out everyhting, and aparently years ago, some explorer tried that approach, flashing his uniform and whatnot to try to get out of a ticket

-that didn't go over so well...within a day, the B/C found out...
    *LOL* Weeeellllllllll...I was j/k in my post, but I kinda figured someone would jump in with "I knew a guy who tried that!"
    My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

IACOJ--West Coast PITA

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FIREGROZ View Post
    we are issued them. But it is hard to get one so I just ordered a cheap on from Galls for like 20 and it looks really nice. I carry it on me
    You carry your badge with you...wow idk what to say

Forum Member

I have a badge (because I'm a line FF off of probation), however, i would never carry it with me. It stays where it is supposed to, pinned to my uniform shirt. I see no reason to ever need to flash a badge. If I get pulled over, chances are, I deserved the ticket.

Forum Member

Originally, they were to indicate who was supposed to be on the fireground. That's not as hard to figure out now days, so (ya ready for this) they're a tradition. Imagine that
    I am a highly trained professional and can find my :: expletive deleted:: with either hand in various light conditions.

Thread Information