Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    BFD 1105
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post What is your Depts. guidelines on Parades?

With the holiday season approaching, I thought I would ask this. What is your departments' rule on parades? What I mean is do you get to run only lights and/or sirens? If run with sirens, it can sometimes cause problems if you get a call while you're in the parade. With my towns' Christmas Parade coming up next weekend,I thought it might be a good topic to post. In our town we have no written rules, so it is mostly up to the driver. Hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

Fyrball105
    Firehouse.com Guest

ok, here it depends on the town the parade is held in> mostly we get to run lights& sirens. It has been a giver for many years, all depts involved in parades has agreed that the "high-low" tone would not sound inless you have a call> That means get out of our way. it has work very well, at anytime the high-low is sounded everyone else shuts down siren and yields right of way to truck running call.> hope that helps you

TM
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

We usually have two or three units in our upcoming christmas parade, We use the lights and will ocassiaonly blast the siren and the air horn, Our ladder truck is popular

Engine58
    Firehouse.com Guest

All parades lights are a must but..

St. Patricks Day Parade - sirens & airhorns are used occasionally but not too much.

Christmas Parade - Same as above....

Memorial Day Parade Or Any other type of Big parade (judging parade) - we only run lights since sirens are pretty much not allowed with judging parades, plus memorial day parade that would be pretty disrespectful I say runnig the Federal & Air Horns all the way down "main st."

------------------
    Andrew
    South Amboy, New Jersey
    EMS Cadet in NJ
    "EMTS DON'T DIE THEY JUST STABILIZE"

[This message has been edited by Engine58 (edited 11-25-2000).]

Thread Information