Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: December 3

Engine 101
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question December 3

It is Sunday December 3, This day one year ago we lost six brothers, I remember when I first heard the news I was shocked myt heart sunk. Tonight in honor of the Worcester Six our department along with a couple other depatments is having a RIT Drill, So in a few words tell me about how you felt when you heard the news last year

------------------
    Engine101
    Tim Macias
    TMacias@Firehousemail.com

Justin Gershon
    Firehouse.com Guest

I remeber I was talking on-line to a firefighter from central NY when he asked me if I had heard what happend over in Mass. I looked at firehouse web page and was shocked to see what had happend. Only a few things can make me cry, that was one. I also remeber marching down that cold street in Worcester with 30,000 other firefighters and emergency personal. It was something I will never forget. The people of worcester were also amazing. I couldnt hold back my tears when I saw the little kids holding signs saying "thank you firefighters" and many other things. I will never forget the Worcester fire department and their tragity. Welcome home brothers, 5-5-5-5

Justin
    Altamont Vol FD
    Albany co NY

SCAFDEXP
    Firehouse.com Guest

I believe all of us in the Fire Service can sum up our feelings about this tragedy in one word, Heartbroken. It is a terrible thing to have happen to any of our fellow brothers. May God watch over the souls of our fellow brothers and may they forever rest in peace. 3-3-5.

------------------
    Nick Funk
    Explorer Captain
    Swartz Creek Area Fire Dept.
    Post 41

"FireFighters Walk Where The Devil Dances."

Engine 101
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Tonight my department had an RIT drill there were six FD's on scene, You could tell that every one there tonight had the thoughts of what happend in Worcester on there mind. We used this tragedy as a teaching toll to see what we can learn from it so we can prevent something like this from happening

------------------
    Engine101
    Tim Macias
    TMacias@Firehousemail.com

squad 1335
    Firehouse.com Guest

SAD I'LL WONT FORGET THAT DAY AND FOR THOSE TWO RETARDED BA!@#$ WHO SETED THAT FIRE THEY CAN GO TO HELL AND DIE!!!!!!!! WE LOST 5 BROTHERS THAT NIGHT LET US NOT FORGET THE HERROIC 5.

JACOB STARCHER

------------------

squad 1335
    Firehouse.com Guest

IM SOREY I MEEN THE HEROIC 6

Firefighter2197
    Firehouse.com Guest

Angry

I remeber thinking that this could happen here in my home town
    and that that could be me and my father and the rest of our dept. that everbody was thing and praying for May god be with there family's and with all emergency personal in the world
    This year we where helping people from a snowstorm
    be safe and have fun

NJOUTLAW6
    Firehouse.com Guest

Angry

Thats the only probelm with this job. A life could be lost so FAST it's not funny. You fear for the person your trying to save you kinda forget about yourself. You just hope you get that person whoever it is out.
    Alarm Code 3.3.5 for those brave people passed on before us. For they lit our path for us to Follow...

------------------
    Thomas

"INCH IN A HALF GET THE HIGH RISE KIT."
    "HOOK IT UP TO THE STAND PIPE LEFTY LOSSEY RIGHTY TIGHTY!!!!"
    "HOW ABOUT PROBIE COME ON WE'RE GOING TO LOSE THIS!"

Firelover
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

All I remember is that I was on vacation, and I was stuck in front of the TV for most of the night and all I watched was the news for hours on end.

To the fallen 6, lets never forget.

------------------
    Joel

If you sent us to HELL, WE'D PUT IT OUT!!

URSULAFORHAN
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

I was at home watching the local news eith Barbie & Ken, then it switched over to the national news and I saw the story. It was one of the few things that has ever really hurt me.
    Prayers for the departed,
    Althea Forhan

Thread Information