Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    firecadetak
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post New Years Eve/New Years Day Calls

I was just curious on how busy your departments were during the holiday. Here in Juneau, Alaska, We have had a total of two calls, both EMS, in the last 24 hours. VERY SLOW!!

SCAFDEXP
    Firehouse.com Guest

We had a possible structure call. Upon arrival, all responding mutual-aid companies were canceled. The fire was contained to an area in one room, and crews were back @ quarters within an hour. Besides that, nothing else.

------------------
    Nick Funk
    Explorer Captain
    Swartz Creek Area Fire Dept.
    Post 41

"FireFighters Walk Where The Devil Dances."

JR95
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our department does not take in EMS calls, however, since NJ had so much snow, our standby crew took in an odd call. PD on the scene were having trouble walking back and forth into the house because of the snow, and would also hinder BLS and ALS. So we responded to shovel snow! That was our call.

01/01/01
    We had our first call of the new year today at 16:16 hrs, a "smell of smoke" was called in. The new chief took command.

SFDAJL
    Firehouse.com Guest

This New Years has been the one of the most busiest 3 day periods in my department's 102 year history, as JR95 said, NJ got hit with a lot of snow, so the snow standby yielded many calls to a trailer park for senior citizens, because the snow covered their furnace exhaust pipe and snuffed out the pilots, no real big deal, on Saturday alone we had about 35 silent alarms to the park. Though the big incident was late monday night, one of the houses that had its pilot snuffed was one that the residents were not home, I assume they were on vacation or something of the sorts, but for still unknown reasons that trailer home exploded, from the filling of the house of propane gas, which yielded a moderate but stubborn working structure fire, it took a few hours for my department and our neighboring department Monroe District 1 to extinguish the blazes which flared up constantly. The house was reduced to rubble, that was the biggie of the weekend, though we had a few more calls besides that, so quite the busy new year's weekend. Though I wish everyone a safe and happy 2001.

------------------
    Andrew Landstrom
    Cadet
    Station 71
    Spotswood Vol. Fire Department
    Spotswood, New Jersey

You light 'em, We fight 'em

squad 1335
    Firehouse.com Guest

olney one call that i know of that we got was a pedratric emrg.but bevercreek wich is not to far away from us had all hell braking lose one call after another.

jacob starcher

------------------

Bigt6163
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our dept. ran one call New years day. An assist a nieghboring dept. with smoke in the building in a minimum security prison. Our ladder was the first unit on the scene. I responded to the engine house and barely missing the pumper/tanker/rescue gooing out the door. So i was the one and only firefighter to man the rescue truck. They were on the scene for an hour and a half. That was the only call that day!

FF. Matt Woodruff 6163
    Pacific Fire Prot. Dist.
    Pacific, Missouri

NFDLT55
    Firehouse.com Guest

ON NEW YEARS EVE SINCE WE HAD BLIZZARD CONDITIONS ABOUT 20 CALLS WENT OUT..A BUNCH OF CHIMNEY FIRES EMS ASSISTANCE AND HYDRANT SHOVELING AND SO ON..IT WAS BUSY...NEW YEARS DAY: 5 CALLS 3 OF WHCIH WERE FIRE ALARMS.

Blue Mountains, New South Wales, Australia

Hi I am a firefighter in the Blue Mountains, of New South Wales, Australia.
    We are completly volunteer group, Rural Fire Service, (no pay). I looking for a fire helmit, New Yorker I beleive, could someone give me any details of were to purchase the helmit.

Forum Member

1. Not exactly the right thread for this dude.
    2. You guys get issued helmets- you won't be able to use a New Yorker over here as they are not WorkCover approved (Cairns 660CAS METRO helmets are used for Structural work in NSW - NSWFB)
    3. Its called Ebay!

Quote Originally Posted by LarryHoward View Post
    We are completly volunteer group, Rural Fire Service, (no pay). I looking for a fire helmit, New Yorker I beleive, could someone give me any details of were to purchase the helmit.
    wow, how in the world did you find this thread looking for a Helmet?

try here
    Do a little dance, make a little rum, Italian Ice! Italian Ice!

Actual lyric: Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, get down tonight.
    (KC & The Sunshine Band "Do A Little Dance")

My thoughts are mine alone and do not represent the thoughts of any Organization to which I am affiliated.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryHoward View Post
    Wow Larry. You actually brought up a thread from 2001 just to post something totally irrelevant to the topic.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    Wow Larry. You actually brought up a thread from 2001 just to post something totally irrelevant to the topic.
    I think the new Anti-HT patrol should do something about this!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jacklrd View Post
    We'll be monitoring for any further problems.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Quote Originally Posted by jacklrd View Post
    As my cohort said, we will continue to monitor the situation.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Thread Information