Jhicks45215
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question On the Job/Ride Along

Hey Wuz Up guys? I wanted to know what you guys do on the job with the firefighters, and when you guys go on a run do you ride along in the firetruck?

pfr172
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Explorers in plano do almost everything the firemen do. they can hook up plugs they can refill SCBA's and what ever other odd jobs that are needed. the explorers are assigned a station and a shift to work with. they eat with the ffs and do chores etc.. At the station they are assigned an engine,truck, or med unit to ride with. the explorers can go on anything toned out for thier apparatus. the explorers can also respond to structure fires on their own via pager.

lt fireguy
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Us juniors here in Coram,NY....do what ever we are told weather on the fire ground or at the fire house we can basically do everything except obviously interior attacks and you know the obvious stuff but at "workers" i have used the nozzle,hit the plug,scbas,salvage,over haul.....and at the fire house i clean trucks or do whatever im asked...

------------------
    "live life taste death i fight what you fear"

THESE VIEWS ARE MY OWN NOT MY DEPARTMENTS OR ANYTHING ELSE

greendrum872
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

These are not the opinions of my department.~

[This message has been edited by greendrum872 (edited 02-02-2001).]

NJOUTLAW6
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

Well the way we are set up to do things is we ride the engine only two cadets are dispatched only if there is not a full crew. Others can get into there PV's and drive. We sit in the seat which has no SCBA. And We do basicly what a Cadet or Jr. would do.

------------------
    Thomas Parsons
    Eng #6
    "IN THIS LINE OF WORK FEAR IS NO OPITION!"
    "views that are posted are not to be held against the S.Amboy Fire Dept. they are my personal opinions."

CCFDE-701
    Firehouse.com Guest

We have it set up that the Explorer can ride on anything. We have pagers and when ever they go off we head to the fire house. We can ride in the jump seat, We can also ride in a pack seat as ong as there is not a firefighter on that side or if the firefighter dose not need the pack. We Can ride the Seat(officer seat). Hell we can take camand if we are the frist in. Other than that we can do what all Explorer's can do.

Tim Krebs
    Central Campbell Fire

NFDLT55
    Firehouse.com Guest

On the job, we do a lot of things. We refill SCBA bottles, hand out equipment, help pump help with overhaul and other things.

Thread Information