Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    pfr172
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking BIGGEST EMBARASSMENT

WHAT IS THE STUPIDIST THING THAT YOU HAVE EVER DONE AT THE STATION OR ON A CALL. I CLOSED MY BUNKER COAT IN THE ENGINE DOOR IN ROUTE TO A STRUCTURE FIRE.

firefighter41230
    Firehouse.com Guest

Red face

My biggest embarassment was when we were going on a car fire on time. We have jumpseats on our engine(engine-4),and the engine compartment is between the jumpseats. I jumped on the engine and layed my helment on top of the engine compartment. When we pulled out of the station it stayed on. But the next right turn we made done it. I looked up and saw a red helment go flying by my face. We made it 3 blocks up the street and I finaly told the officer that my helment had fell of the engine because the chief was talking on the radio. He told me to get off and go get it. So I got off and ran 3 blocks back to the station in my bunker gear. Everyone in the public were looking at me very strange.
    I got back to the place where my helment had fallen off at and it was gone. Someone on the side of the road said a passerby had picked itup. An 1 hour later they finally returned my helment.

Steve Wilburn
    Jr.Firefighter
    Louisa,FD. Ky

SFDAJL
    Firehouse.com Guest

Probably the most embarrassing I've done on a call was one day not to long ago I was directing traffic at a MVA, when I was walking over to an elderly man to help him with directions all the supports on my suspenders snapped and my bunkers fell down and I tripped over them and fell flat out on my face, and my helmet went rolling off the road and down a large hill. It took me about an hour of explaining to my Lt. what happened... oh well

------------------
    Andrew Landstrom
    Cadet
    Station 71
    Spotswood Vol. Fire Department
    Spotswood, New Jersey

You light 'em, We fight 'em

[This message has been edited by SFDAJL (edited 01-14-2001).]

squad 1335
    Firehouse.com Guest

well it all started out as an normal day at the sta. but as the day went on it began as i thoght was a good prank.normaly i put my gear beside the squad but as i was walking around the bay i disied to put my gear on the front bumper of the rescue truck well to cut to the chase while i was on a run the engine crew took the rescue truck instad of the enginge to the supermarket they hieded my gear in the boot room on my way back to the sta. one of the firefighters asked me if i took my gear off of the truck i sead no of corse let's just say at that point i was (s.o.l) then or if we'd goten a fire call turnes out it was in the boot room all of the firefighters wer'e on my back the rest of the afternoon.

jacob starcher
    ast.chief post#29

------------------

greendrum872
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs down

Spell Check, yes it does work. Not in your case, sorry. Try harder.

------------------
    These are not the opinions of my department.~

Walesfrman03
    Firehouse.com Guest

i was on an attack line and i hit my chief in the back with the hose on full and he got mad at me and i told him it was a mistake and i did not mean to do it so i got off with a warning.

guywithhandonfire
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

well i have not done anythin dumb yet but i will

------------------
    we fight what you fear

Co11FireGal
    Firehouse.com Guest

Red face

Over the summer at our company picnic, I was put in charge of keeping track of the firemen's little kids. *I always get stuck babysitting* Well, one of the games I had them play was a race to see which one of the could get into their parents' turn out gear the fastest. Every thing was good for a while, then two of the firemen challenged me to race them. Growing up around the station *grandpa and dad are firemen* and around all the firemen, I would never back down from any of their challenges. We race...I actually won. Everyone clapped and cheered me on since I am...well, half their age and a girl. After my victory my 10 year old cousin tackled me and since I was wearing gear that didn't fit, I tripped over the boots I was wearing cause they were MUCH too big and fell flat on my back!!!! Then everyone started laughing. Good thing I had on the helmet too because I fell right on a basketball court. Funny now, but then it was quite embarrassing. I later found out someone put him up to it. It was very stupid of me to think, knowing these guys well, that I could win without ending up looking dumb and them picking on me about it.

------------------
    ~Courtney

Althea Forhan
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

I know exactly what you mean. One time I got to babysit three kids while their mom was out on a call. That's when I got out the curlex and we played mummy. Worst was when I wrapped one kid's wrist up and she went to school with it the next day saying "My babysitter did it" when people asked her what happened.

Althea
    "If you havn't done something stupid you havn't been here long!"

Co11FireGal
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

Lol. Mummy?! That's an idea. I'll keep that in mind. Hehe. I've never done that but, I've used some of the nifty knots I have learned to tie on my sister and my cousins. I was surprised they work on my cousin that is only 5 monthes younger than I, and about 50 lbs. heavier.
    ~Courtney

pfr172
    Firehouse.com Guest

I DID ANOTHER STUPID THING OVER THE WEEKEND. I WAS RESPONDING TO A STRUCTURE FIRE IN MY PICK UP TRUCK AND WHEN I GOT THERE I DIDNT SEE ANY SMOKE. SO I WAITED FOR THE ENGINES TO ARRIVE AND LITTLE DID I KNOW ALL THE UNITS HAD BEEN DISREGARDED. SO IN THE END I STOOD AT THE STREET CORNER FOR 15 MIN IN MY BUNKER GEAR WHILE EVERYONE WAS LOOKING AT ME.

Thread Information