Thread: Nicknames

Hoppy851
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool Nicknames

I know alot of people have them but please do share. I got Hoppy from my dad who has been a firefighter for 20 and for some reason he got that name and when I first started showing up everybody called me "Hoppy Jr" and know it's just Hoppy!

"Loyality above all else, except honor"

Chief_Marquis
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

I have been given alot of Nicknames: Chief (for obvious reasons; chief of my post), Lt.Onetime(From the Fire Acadamy), Moose jr/Little Moose/Mini Moose (my dads nickname is moose),Ace, @$$ Hole, Killa, Smokey.. ect

Co11FireGal
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

I've had alot of nicknames as well but, I don't care to share most of them. For one, I think Courtney must be THE WORST name because all the firemen used to call me Cookie. Then, it was Dirty Face. It seems that when I was little(from age 2 until I was about 7 or 8), I ALWAYS got into stuff and ended up with a dirty face. After that it was Katt(at 12 y/o, I was the only one who could get a dumb cat out of a tree). Now it's Smokey because at our public relations activities, I always get stuck playing Smokey Bear. Who knew Smokey was a girl?!
    ~Courtney

SCAFDEXP
    Firehouse.com Guest

Bubba.

------------------
    Nick Funk
    Explorer Captain
    Swartz Creek Area Fire Dept.
    Post 41

"FireFighters Walk Where The Devil Dances."

jwd37
    Firehouse.com Guest

I have a couple nicknames: Probie, Junior, Junior Master. Thats all I can think of...there are probably more!!

Joe
    Junior - Company 37

fireNresq22
    Firehouse.com Guest

****HEAD

NJOUTLAW6
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Nickname Status--- BoneAss Jr. or QuakerShaker..

NJOUTLAW6
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Nickname Status--- BoneAss Jr. or QuakerShaker..

------------------
    Thomas Parsons
    Protection Eng #6
    "IN THIS LINE OF WORK FEAR IS NO CHOICE!"
    "views that are posted are not to be held against the So.Amboy Fire Dept. they are my personal opinions."

MiniFireGuy7
    Firehouse.com Guest

The guys in my department call me "Mini Me" because I look like one of the firefighters.

Fairview125
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

My nickname at the Firehall would have to Motorola Matt because i have 2 Motorola II fire pagers and 1 personal/fire Motorola pager. It gets difficult trying to figure out who is getting toned out of which pager. LOL

Rob_Emerson
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

when i was in 6th grade i was a drum player in the school musical. the director started calling me Tito, after Tito Puente. since all my friends from the FD also work on the play, the name stuck wheni joined, so now everyone calls me Tito. and that's the deal with the sunglasses too. 8-)

------------------
    Some like it a little hotter.

Otis513
    Firehouse.com Guest

One day at the Fire house, I was sitting in the drivers seat of our engine 5-13-1. I was in the process of cleaning the windows. I had the radio in the engine bays cranked playing good country music singing alomg and playing thr drums on the steering wheel. The Asst. Chief came in and started laughing. He asked me if i ever seen the movie Backdraft. Being new to the fire service I said no. He said i will be back. He got a video cassette out of his truck and said lets watch it. into the movie when they are responding to the call "Otis" popped a tape in the radio and started playing the drums while drag racing with the ladder truck. From their on EVERYBODY evem people from other companies I never met know me as Otis

Hoppy851
    Firehouse.com Guest

Keep the posts coming.Thanks

"Loyalty above all else,except honor"

nsfdjr
    Firehouse.com Guest

Ive got quite a few of them! Bubba is one of them! lol. Another one is mini-smooth, after smooth, a ff, who i look like i guess. and the normals - vol, actually, supervol, and probie, explorer, etc. haha

------------------
    Be Safe! Thanks for my turn on the box and lettin me share my opinions.

Hoppy851
    Firehouse.com Guest

Yeah we are all intitled to our opinions and we should be able to share them.

Althea Forhan
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

Originally posted by Co11FireGal:
    I've had alot of nicknames as well but, I don't care to share most of them. For one, I think Courtney must be THE WORST name because all the firemen used to call me Cookie.
    Hey, at least there are other Courtneys. I've had my name mispronounced so many times...
    I don't have many nicknames-the big one is Brody-I was originaly called "Tom's Sister" by my brother's friends, It then evolved to "T.S." which they connected to Teret's Syndrome, and then thought of Brody, a friend who claimed to have it.

I recently named one of the other firefighters "Mighty Mouse" because she's so skinny and petite.

Althea

Hoppy851
    Firehouse.com Guest

If you've ever seen the movie "Mallrats" the two main characthers names are T.S. and Brody.

Firefighter2197
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

My two main nickname are B.A.B.(bad *** Bradley)
    or little andy
    because my dad is one of the senior guys in my dept assn cheif and *** long as i can remenber i havew been little andy
    2197 to dispatch
    Fire is out
    copy fire is out
    oveer and out
    stayb safe and have fun

engine1321
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

I have only had one nickname: Doorman. When we were searching houses after the tornado, I knocked down the locked, front door, when the back door had been blown off.

------------------
    Chief R.J. Stine
    XFD Explorer Post #29
    The Yellow Knights

csfdexplorer
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

I got my nickname from my Search and Rescue group. Rocket. Cuz I can wake up so fast it looks like I'm a rocket springin up or somethin... u'd have to ask them.

NFD270
    Firehouse.com Guest

My Nickname is Roadblock........ I got it because I did something really stupid when I first joined... At first I hated it, I couldn't stand it....... But now I've gotten used to it and sort of like it and I'm getting it put on the back of my helmet.....

------------------
    Cadet Adam Spencer
    Nixa Fire District
    Nixa, MO 65714

nomad1085
    Firehouse.com Guest

Originally posted by NFD270:
    My Nickname is Roadblock........ I got it because I did something really stupid when I first joined... At first I hated it, I couldn't stand it....... But now I've gotten used to it and sort of like it and I'm getting it put on the back of my helmet.....

I'm afraid to ask what you did? I'm guessing it has something to do with traffic control.

FFCadet16
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

I have recieved many nicknames some are ok others are horrible. The chiefs nickname for me is Peanut. the guys nicknames for me is short **** and rat girl.

Althea Forhan
    Firehouse.com Guest

Originally posted by Hoppy851:
    If you've ever seen the movie "Mallrats" the two main characthers names are T.S. and Brody.
    I think I need to watch it again. I just love "Dogma".

Althea

AFF_Rescue4
    Firehouse.com Guest

My nickname is pretty boring and plain. I got my nickname because my uncle was on the department and it was his nickname. MAC its because my last name is MacDonald. This is what I also Have on the back of my bunker coat.

Thread Information