pfr172
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post FREE RIDE ALONGS?

DO YOU HAVE TO EARN RIDE-OUTS OR CAN YOU JUST DO THEM WHENEVER YOU WANT? WE ARE ASSIGNED A SHIFT AND WE RIDE OUT ONLY WITH THAT SHIFT.

MTFDEx5
    Firehouse.com Guest

In my Post/Dept. we can ride along any day of the week, but only between 6am and 9pm, provided there is no school. This is different from your dept. I guess because we don't have shifts, we are a 100% volunteer department. OK, that's about it, bye

ghettofire79
    Firehouse.com Guest

In our department we can ride along anytime from 6 a.m. to 12 a.m. during the week and on weekends we can ride along all night.

Junior Jon
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

We are basically allowed to go anytime during the day or night. I have been on calls at 11pm on school nights, there was one night when we had a trees on wires that we sat at from 11pm(sunday night) till 2:30am(monday morning) when we got back from that, I walked up to my house (seconds from the firehouse), and right when I got in my bed, the town next door got toned out for a fully involved structure at a local pizza place/facy restaurant. So knowing we'd be going I got dressed again and went with our pumper. I got home at 7:10am monday, 5 min before i had to leave for school so I ate and I survived a day of school without one minute of sleep that night.

SCAFDEXP
    Firehouse.com Guest

Since my dept is on-call, we are not assigned "shifts." My explorers may respond whenever they are not in school, up to 22:00 on school nights and 00:01 on non-school nights.

------------------
    Nick Funk "Bubba"
    Explorer Captain
    Swartz Creek Area Fire Dept.
    Post 41

"FireFighters Walk Where The Devil Dances."

Thread Information