Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    chiefgebel
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up female explorers

my department has 4 female explorers. two of which are some of the hardest workers in the whole department. i am the chief of the explorers, and when these two women show up i know i will have plenty of help. nice job girls.

HOW MANY GIRLS OR IN YOUR EXPLORER POST OR JUNIOR FD.?

firecadetak
    Firehouse.com Guest

We have one female and two male cadets ( I am one of them) We all have the same level of training and even exceed many or the senior firefighters in training. I am the youngest. The other two turn eighteen in the next few months and will be activated as firefighters, I have to wait until November.

firemedic01
    Firehouse.com Guest

In the past few years we have had about 5 girls that were juniors join. 2 of them are still in today and are veryt hard workers. They do better than a majority of the guys do. The 3 that aren't in were weeded out quick. They were in the department for one reason!!!!!!

Nicolette
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

We have 2 female cadet one of which is me! We all have the same level of training! We all work very hard.

Nicolette
    ORVFD 27
    Cadet Captain

"Take us to Hell and we will put it out!"

nsfdjr
    Firehouse.com Guest

In our post, which is a new post in the area, the woman rule over the men, haha! We have 6 girls, 3 guys. We're all equal there, and thats the way it should be. Sometimes the guys might work harder than the girls, and the girls might work harder than the guys, but it equals outs. The females do work just as hard as the guys do and I think thats great!!! Keep up the good work everyone!

------------------
    Be Safe! Thanks for my turn on the box and lettin me share my opinions.

mike021
    Firehouse.com Guest

We have 2 girls that are junior members. Unfortunatly they are a waist of space on the gear rack. One joined only because her dad was happy she was 15 and able to, she didn't want to make his sad. She brought a friend into the company who does nothing but whine and is no good because they come up for social reasons only. We do have other women in the firehouse, she is EMS only. The two junior girls are nothing but trouble as seen by alot of the members unfortunatly.

------------------
    This is your brain... Pierce
    This is your Brain on drugs..... E-One
    http://www.nfco1.freeservers.com

mike021
    Firehouse.com Guest

We have 2 girls that are junior members. Unfortunatly they are a waist of space on the gear rack. One joined only because her dad was happy she was 15 and able to, she didn't want to make his sad. She brought a friend into the company who does nothing but whine and is no good because they come up for social reasons only. We do have other women in the firehouse, she is EMS only. The two junior girls are nothing but trouble as seen by alot of the members unfortunatly.

SCAFDEXP
    Firehouse.com Guest

We have three gals on my post. They all put in just as much as the guys and are an asset to us.

------------------
    Nick Funk "Bubba"
    Explorer Captain
    Swartz Creek Area Fire Dept.
    Post 41

"FireFighters Walk Where The Devil Dances."

NKF
    Firehouse.com Guest

Firemedic,
    I am curious, What happened to the men who were involved in the they were only in it for one reason? It takes 2 to tango if I caught your drift correctly?

csfdexplorer
    Firehouse.com Guest

Why is this an issue? My experience is that the girls know that they have to work harder than everyone else so they do...they even kicked my butt once. It's been my experience that, in general, they are more dedicated, and more mature than most of the guys. Mebe it's just me. I think that they have undergone their "trial" period and they should be allowed full rights to the posts. And if yer lookin fer a girl to screw...get a life. I admit that there are "bad apples", but there are "bad apple" guys too...so what's the point of pointing out the bad girls?

longboardabi
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

we had a girl in our post but she moved out of state she was a cool chick now there nothing but guys and there 8 of us so we miss her alot.

Abisai Garcia "obi"
    L.A.F.D.
    Post#38

Resc1AFD38
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

I am the one and only female in my Explorer Post and proud of it. I just wish there were more girls like me who would join so that I'm not the only one who get's ragged on because I'm a girl but they get ragged on right back!! It's alot of hard work and dedication but I love doing it.

------------------
    Cruisa

chiefgebel
    Firehouse.com Guest

Congrats to those of you female explorers out there. I know for a fact that you work as hard as us, and want to learn just like the rest of us. The original post was not meant to cause any debate about female abilities, it was just to see how many of you are out there and if you like it.

chief gebel

Althea Forhan
    Firehouse.com Guest

I love this job. Anybody who says I can't do it because I'm a girl gets pounded.

Althea Forhan

EastKyFF
    Firehouse.com Guest

Yipe! Althea scares me.

We don't have an explorer post, but if we did, I would have the same philosophy about them that I have about adults: We are too short-handed to turn any qualified person down!

We had a female member not long ago. She left for non-gender reasons; I wish she could have stayed because I think it would have helped us recruit other women.

ff40
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

My department currently has one female firefighter. Of course that is me. I was a junior for two years before I finally turned that magical number. I think it is great that more and more women are getting involved in the firefighting aspect. The only thing that I always felt and believe the rest do too, is that you must be able to handle the job. No acceptions should be made, if you can't do it then you shouldn't be there. But that's my opinion. I just had this conversation with my uncle who is a FF in FDNY. He always said that if you can't go through the same testing that men do, then who is gonna pull those men out when they get hurt?

Getting back, girls if you love it then stick with it. Take the punishment, let it make you stronger. I did, and believe me when I say I took alot of punishment!! And still do But in the same respect, you guys need to lighten up and give us a chance, most times my chief tells me that I get the job done better than most of his guys. So remember, your time will come, and then you can stick it to em!

You go, we go!

Althea Forhan
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thought I'd bring this one back for a bit.

Althea

Hunt
    Firehouse.com Guest

I'm a female Explorer and at our post there are 11 people in which 9 are females. All of our officers (President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer-which is me!) are all females too. I don't think that the guys have a problem with it because on off the is getting ready to join the department and the other is an exchange student from Germany that is getting ready to go back. But I think the guys will be missed at our post.

K. Hunt

MTFEMS explorer
    Firehouse.com Guest

Is there a rule about girls in explorer posts. We have two girls that want to join but were not sure about it because of a rule (that we heard about) saying that they can't be in with out a female advisers and we don't have one. so I guess I'm asking can girls be in the post with out there being a Female adviser.

Althea Forhan
    Firehouse.com Guest

We have one female advisor (she's a dispatcher), but I'm pretty sure girls can join without one, they just can't sleep over in the station. If you have a bylaws commitee, they may be able to change it so that they can join.

Althea

Thread Information