Jay19fire
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question What is ur best memory so far of the fd?

I was just wondering what every1s favorite or best moment with the fire dept. has been for them? Mine personally was the day i was "baptized into the fire world" when i saw my first working house fire.

------------------
    -JaY-

John Derby
    Firehouse.com Guest

Well, the best moment in my exploring career had to be my first structure fire. I had the most fun on that call, not knowing what I was in for....MAN! I was hooked after that.

----------------
    John Derby-Chief
    Swartz Creek Fire Dept.
    Post 41

Mike18fire
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

I know my best memory. My first structure fire. I was called out of school at 12:15 and got home at 7:00. It was one of the most exciting days of my life. (Hey Jay, pretty sweet how we got to share the "baptism")

SFDAJL
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

My best memory so far, was actually not my first working structure, though my first one of those was cool. My best memory though was a small brush fire we had back in November. It was during the day in the middle of the week so we had like no manpower, I was off for the week so I responded. And since the fire was so small my captain let me be nozzleman and put out the fire, it's definately my best memory so far

------------------
    Andrew Landstrom
    Cadet
    Station 71
    Spotswood Vol. Fire Department
    Spotswood, New Jersey

You light 'em, We fight 'em

NKF
    Firehouse.com Guest

My first fire was one of the best times and one of the worst times that I have ever been a part of. I was a Jr then and my father was assistant chief so I got to ride to the scene with him. We turned the corner and all that I saw was fire ripping out of 2 windows and then I saw a man, woman and little boy standing out front watching all of their belongings and pets being destroyed. I still remember all the fun I had but still to this day 10 years later I could show you where the family was standing as we rounded the corner. It was one of the saddest things I think I have seen. Remember when we are called it may be fun for us but it is tragic for someone else. We are there for the community and not just our self satisfaction. Please when you are on the scene the public is watching you, don't say how great it was or how fun it was or laugh about how cool it was. Would it be cool if it was your house. Don't get me wrong it is fun but use your head.

Hoppy851
    Firehouse.com Guest

My best memory so far is my first working Fire It was a Barn Fire in the next town and I wasn't allowed to go on the truck because the Interior firefighters had first dips. Well me and another one of the firefighters left with his truck and we got there and they let me be nozzleman. It was defintly one to remember.

" Loyality above all else, except honor"

Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

My best memory happened this past Christmas Eve we were called to a chimney fire we arrived and it had gotten into the attic a little we quickly extinguished it and while we were cleaning up getting ready to head home the looks on the peoples faces and their thanks meant a lot to us all.

------------------
    Leon Bass
    SWVFD Station 16

------------------------
    Disclaimer:
    These are my opinions and do not reflect the views of my department.

Junior Jon
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

1627, christmas eve, dont remind me, it wasnt the best call i've been to. The town next door got called out for a chimney fire at about 8:00pm christmas eve. 30 seconds after the first tone, they started toneing again to advise that it was now a structure fire. The town quickly called in other towns for tankers and pumpers (we went with a tanker). When we got on scene the whole upstairs of the large house was involved. I know what NKF was saying how bad it was for the owners of the house. The worst chirstmas present ever.

Resc1AFD38
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Mine was when we responded to the Worcester Cold Storage building and staying there for days on end without getting any sleep .. The blaze would have been 100 time's better to battle if I wasn't losing 6 of my closest brother's at the same time ..

------------------
    Cruisa

Hoppy851
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

It must have been really tough to sit through the worchester incident

Resc1AFD38
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Yes it was .. It was extremely hard especially when I heard the last crie's of the six for help before they're radio's died and they're air ran out .. And when they ordered everyone out of the building and all apparatus to move back from building and started blowing the evacuation siren's from the trucks ..

------------------
    Cruisa

AFF_Rescue4
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hoppy851, That seems more like a post for "WORST CALLS", well there all pretty bad in some ways. It seems alot of people that enjoyed there first call. I liked my first call, but the best part about it was when I was putting my Bunker gear on, getting in the truck and barrel-assing down the street to the scene(That was MY faviorate memory).

Hoppy851
    Firehouse.com Guest

Well I think the worchester incident is defentily a bad incident but I wasn't there.

AFF_Rescue4
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hoppy851, I'm Sorry. My eyes jumped when I was typing the reply.

Hoppy851
    Firehouse.com Guest

AFF_Rescue4 that alright I was wondering how you thought I was at Worchester.

Hoppy851
    Firehouse.com Guest

AFF_Rescue4 that's alright I was wondering how you thought I was at Worchester.

AFF_Rescue4
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

When I ws reading it my eyes jumped users I meant it towards Resc1AFD38. Im only Humam!

AFF_Rescue4
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

When I ws reading it my eyes jumped users I meant it towards Resc1AFD38. Im only Humam!

Hoppy851
    Firehouse.com Guest

That's ok we all make our mistakes in life no big deal.

18-10Robert
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

My favorite memory is my first dwelling fire. It was last November and in the next town over. The immidiatly went to mutual aid, and I jumpe on my bike and hauled *** to the firehouse. On the way to location I was so full of adreneline that my legs were shaking and I couldn't get them to stop. Even though I was just a little "go-fer" on location, it is an experiance I'll never forget.

Robert Taylor
    Bridgeport FD
    Station 18-1

Thread Information