nobull911
    Firehouse.com Guest

Red face I need some help

we are starting a new explorer post and i need suggestions.

how often do you meet. would members rather have weekly meetings or monthly meetings?

what attracts you to a particular post? what would be some good recruiting tactics?

what kind of activities do you want to participate in? keep in mind that on sceen the explorers will have limited responsibilities.

how much do you want department members participating with your activities? do you want the explorers to plan activites or rely on department supervisors?

any information would be great. we really want this to be good.

SCAFDEXP
    Firehouse.com Guest

I would be happy to give you any suggestions/tips that you may need. Get with me by e-mail, or instant message and I will help you out in any way I can. My e-mail address is fireguynick@aol.com, and if you have instant messenger, fireguynick. Hope to hear from ya soon.

------------------
    Nick Funk "Bubba"
    Explorer Captain
    Swartz Creek Area Fire Dept.
    Post 41

"You go, We go."

nsfdjr
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hi, My name is Brendan and Im an explorer with both fire and EMS. I'd be more than happy to give you suggestions. Please email me at nsfd321@hotmail.com, or my AIM sn is nsfd321.

Brendan
    -Stay Safe

spitfireFR
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

My name's Kevin White and I'm the Capt. of the Jacksonville Explorer post 29. If you have any questions email me and I'll try to answer them if I can. Kevin@rpmcar.com

NMFD33
    Firehouse.com Guest

im an ex-chief and now captian again of my post. im one of the founding members of it when it got restarted a few years ago. my email link is below

------------------
    Chris Kerrigan
    ILiveInACage@aol.com
    Fire Fighter/EMT-D
    HazMat Medical Officer
    New Milford Vol. Fire Dept Company #2
    New Milford,NJ

longboardabi
    Firehouse.com Guest

hey my name is Abisai and I would love to help you guys start a post any give you any suggestiones.My e-mail is Abi1183@cs.com

Abisai Garcia "OBI"
    Post#38
    Los Angeles Fire Department

NJOUTLAW6
    Firehouse.com Guest

Well you can go and recurit by means of schools, and the training drills will help ya's to move onto new things. Anymore help you can E-Mail me @ Saeng506@aol.com

------------------
    Thomas
    Protection Eng Co Explorer Post #6
    "views that are posted are not to be held against the So.Amboy Fire Dept. or Protection Eng Co. Explorer Post #6 they are my personal opinions."

FGFD43
    Firehouse.com Guest

E-mail me and I will send you a copy of our By-Laws, SOGs and other paperwork.

------------------
    Kevin Sink
    Fair Grove Fire Dept.
    Thomasville, NC USA
    kevinsink@northstate.net

wlfdtr12
    Firehouse.com Guest

I'd love to help you out. Email me at aruggier@ct2.nai.net. I'll forward you to my advisors and they can tell you what they experienced with starting the post and what I did as well. If you send me your address we can send you our rules and regulations. Good luck.

Anthony D. Ruggiero
    Explorer Captain/EMT-B
    Windsor Locks Fire Dept. Exp. Post 50
    Windsor Locks,CT

Engine58
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

IF you need anymore help you can E-mail me at Engine058@aol.com or on instant messenger which is Engine058

------------------
    Andrew
    South Amboy, New Jersey
    Explorer Engine 6 So. Amboy Fire Dept & Cadet Morgan FAS
    "EMTS DON'T DIE THEY JUST STABILIZE"

Thread Information