Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Emergency!

SFDAJL
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Emergency!

Hey, I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of engine the one in Emergency is, I know the old open one was a Crown, but the second, newer, one with the big windows. Just wondering if anyone knows.

------------------
    Andrew "Bushman" Landstrom
    Cadet
    Station 71
    Spotswood Vol. Fire Department
    Spotswood, New Jersey

You light 'em, We fight 'em

FiRsqDvr45
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

That was a Ward LaFrance. We had an identical engine in our department until 3 years ago. *sniff* I miss it already..

------------------
    FF/EMT Jay Ellingson
    Newington,NH FD
    &
    New England Dragway Safety Team (Sundaaayy!)
    *N.E.D. celebrates 35 years a post-NHRA and current IHRA drag racing venue! Come on by and watch the great action at RT27 Epping, NH(Exit 8 off of Rt 101)*
    New England Dragway is the home of the IHRA North American Nationals Sept 7-9 2001

[This message has been edited by FiRsqDvr45 (edited 04-15-2001).]

JR95
    Firehouse.com Guest

Brian Dunlap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

The Engine that was Utilized was a 1973 Ward La-France Pumper. This exact Engine still serves active Duty in the Yosimitie National Park ---

Here's a question for you younger emergency fans....What was the Year, Make, and Model of the Original Engine 51 ? You know...The One with-out the roof. And what was the Original Company it was assigned to ? Remember Station 51 was not real during the show....Send in your Responses I know the answers but let's have some fun with it !!!!

Hoppy851
    Firehouse.com Guest

I believe the first tuck is a 1969 Crown Victoria and It was assigned to station 8.

" Firefighting: Almost as good as sex"

nsfdjr
    Firehouse.com Guest

I believe the first "Engine 51" was a 65 Firecoach? (Crown) It was actually Engine 60.

------------------
    Be Safe! Thanks for my turn on the box and lettin me share my opinions.

LT_44-1'sSon
    Firehouse.com Guest

Ok!

1965 Crown Firecoach which served as Engine 60.

For the original question, the cool Engine 51(in my oppinion) is/was a Ward Lafrance 1974 P80 Ambassador pumper.

This is the COOLEST TRUCK I have ever seen. I'd trade our 92 spartan in for it any day!(except of course on them tire fires when we need the pump capacity!)

Anyway, hope I answered both ya'all questions.

Peace out

Firefighter2197
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

WAS THAT NOT A POINEER CHASSIS

FiRsqDvr45
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

Pioneer chassis were American LaFrance, if I recall correctly the Ward we had and the one Emergency used were of the "Ambassador p-80 " class.

------------------
    FF/EMT Jay Ellingson
    Newington,NH FD
    &
    New England Dragway Safety Team (Sundaaayy!)
    *N.E.D. celebrates 35 years a post-NHRA and current IHRA drag racing venue! Come on by and watch the great action at RT27 Epping, NH(Exit 8 off of Rt 101)*
    New England Dragway is the home of the IHRA North American Nationals Sept 7-9 2001

Engine 101
    Firehouse.com Guest

Emergency's 1st season Engine 51 was a Crown Open Cab
    then for the rest of the show it was a Ward LaFrance
    Even to this day the LA County Fire Department still uses alot of the old Crowns and Ward LaFrances

Brian Dunlap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Originally posted by Hoppy851:
    I believe the first tuck is a 1969 Crown Victoria and It was assigned to station 8.

" Firefighting: Almost as good as sex"
    Yes it was a Crown -- '69 Crown Fire-Coach. During the Series it was an active in service Engine with LA County Engine 60 and Decals were placed over the "60" to make it Read "51" --- By the Way Crown Victorias are Cars Produced by Ford Motors Commonly seen as Police Cars

Althea Forhan
    Firehouse.com Guest

Originally posted by Brian Dunlap:
    The Engine that was Utilized was a 1973 Ward La-France Pumper. This exact Engine still serves active Duty in the Yosimitie National Park ---
    Heck, we still have an originl,vintage squad 51. It's really starting to self destruct. I'm jut dying for a black engine with roadster flames--gonna call it The Stealth.

Althea

Thread Information