Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Helmet Weight

nsfdjr
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs down Helmet Weight

So far, Ive heard two people tell me the same thing - dont let children try on your helmet. The weight of the helmet is enough to break a young childs neck. Just a warning for everyone out there. Use more caution when letting children try on the gear.

------------------
    -Be Safe
    (The above comments do not reflect those of my department or other members)

SFDAJL
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

There was an incident of that a few years ago in the town next to us, my 2nd Lt. was on that dept at that time, so now he puts like 3 of them plastic helmets on each of the trucks up in the cab.

------------------
    Andrew "Bushman" Landstrom
    Cadet
    Station 71
    Spotswood Vol. Fire Department
    Spotswood, New Jersey

You light 'em, We fight 'em

Archer131
    Firehouse.com Guest

It is true the weight of a helmet worn by a young child could cause a cervical spine injury. I have a 3 yr old and a 7 year old neither one of them is permitted to wear my helmets. Please be careful something as innocent as this could ruin a child's life forever remember they are just starting life. I went and bought each of them a plastic to helmet to wear.

[This message has been edited by Archer131 (edited 04-23-2001).]

FIRE349
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

I DON'T LET MY SISTER (12) PLAY WITH MY PPE OR TRY IT ON . IT'S NOT FOR PLAY IT'S FOR YOUR PROTECTION. GEAR COULD HAVE TOXINS ON IT AND OTHER STUFF YOU DON'T WANT KIDS TO BE EXPOSED TO SO KEEP IT AWAY FROM THEM.

------------------
    NEVER KNOCK ON DEATH'S DOOR...RING THE BELL AND RUN LIKE HELL...HE HATES THAT!!!

Thread Information