Engine58
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool EXPLORER & JUNIOR FIREFIGHTER STICKER

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a Explorer or Junior firefighter sticker out there somewhere....no just a department sticker but one that represents us all..something simliar to the IAFF sticker...was just wondering...if not What are some ideas you think we should put on a Explorer or Junior Firefighter Sticker?? even if we have a sticker already.. lets hear your ides on how we could make it better....

------------------
    Andrew
    South Amboy, New Jersey
    Explorer Engine 6 So. Amboy Fire Dept & Cadet Morgan FAS
    "EMTS DON'T DIE THEY JUST STABILIZE"
    http://engine058.boltpages.com/southamboyfiredepartmentexplorerpost6/

Nozzleman 84
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

I'm not sure about a sticker but I have a patch from about ten years ago back when my post started that they used. It's navy blue with a red maltese and says,"National Alliance of Fire & Emergency Service Explorers" with the Exploring emblem on the very top. I don't know what happend to the "Alliance" patch idea, but it would make for a cool sticker and still look good on a uniform.

------------------
    Real Heros Wear SCBAs Not Capes

Althea Forhan
    Firehouse.com Guest

I'll try to work on a design tonight. I'm thinking of a maltese cross, Explorer in the top arm, maybe to people in the center, and maybe some kind of Latin or Greek motto in there somewhere. If you have any Ideas, E-mail me with them and I'll work on it.

Althea

FF 13 50
    Firehouse.com Guest

Are their even "explorers" in PA? I haven't even haerd of that, out here were just juniors. Is this like a western thing or something? or is my lil county in the South west of Pa just odd?

Engine58
    Firehouse.com Guest

No your not odd...and no its not only a western thing...cause I"m from Northern New Jersey and there is alot of explorer posts around here...also junior firefighter posts too.

------------------
    Andrew
    South Amboy, New Jersey
    Explorer Engine 6 So. Amboy Fire Dept & Cadet Morgan FAS
    "EMTS DON'T DIE THEY JUST STABILIZE"
    http://engine058.boltpages.com/southamboyfiredepartmentexplorerpost6/

Althea Forhan
    Firehouse.com Guest

Explorers are (or were) run by the BSA. I think they changed it a while ago so that its independent, but I really don't know any of the details.

Althea

NFD270
    Firehouse.com Guest

I think it would be interesting for us to form a Union specifically for cadets and jr. firefighters/explorers...... Not in the sense of what the true UNION is (e.g. IAFF), but in the sense where we can have meetings and expos and all kinds of stuff.......and then create a sticker and patch for us all to proudly wear.... We could call it the NCFA (National Cadet Firefighters Association) or something in that same area.... Keep it posted and float the idea around....let's see what we can get going......

------------------
    Cadet Adam Spencer
    Nixa Fire District
    Nixa, MO 65714

SFDAJL
    Firehouse.com Guest

Well Adam, that would be an interesting thing, though wouldn't it conflict with the BSA controlling the Explorer posts and the respectible departments having their Junior/Cadet Corps. I dunno, it'd be cool though. I think for a patch it should be the maltese cross with Junior in Latin under it or something, I dunno would look cool

------------------
    Andrew Landstrom
    Station 71
    Spotswood Vol. Fire Department
    Spotswood, New Jersey

You light 'em, We fight 'em

Althea Forhan
    Firehouse.com Guest

Well, I've got my maltese drawn out and all, and I've got "Fire Explorer" in the top arm with a space underneath it for your post number. Then I've got a space in the bottom arm for a motto (has to be short) I'm thinking of using "Always Learning" in latin. I'm still unsure what to put in the center-would there be any objections to a slight variation on the "Emergency!" seal? While there is already a patch some Explorers wear, it's really ugly and not very representative of the program.

Althea

Althea Forhan
    Firehouse.com Guest

I worked on it all weekend, drawing and re-drawing, digging out books wiith potential scources, using those scources, re-drawing again, etc. And I finally came up with a design. I put a medeivil dragon's head flenked by two wings. It looks really good and I'll try to scan and post it on Monday.

Althea

firepuck
    Firehouse.com Guest

i think you have a great idea, it would be nice if it were made to include juniors and cadets also, not just explorers

fireb192
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

i think it is a great idea

kg6303
    Firehouse.com Guest

I do alot of drawings for people so if we want to do a sticker design I could draw it out. If your interested e-mail me and we can get it going.

Justin
    post 372
    daggett Ca.
    c/o 2002 rocks

kg6303
    Firehouse.com Guest

also, the idea for a "union" would be ok if it were a "club" for explorers.
    It's a pretty good idea though and something that should be worked on
    "explorers international"?

Thread Information