Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Engine58
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool Training Horror stories ( Funny mistakes or mishaps you've done)

OK..I figure this might be a fun topic...Figured I'd post a few new topics today since there hasnt been any new informational ones but anyways...What have you done on the training ground that was pretty much dumb now that you look back at it..or funny mistakes you've made....one of the explorers when we were training pulled off another firefighters boot when they were on the staircase...he became a little nervous clenched onto the guys boot in front of him..the 1st guy went to move up the stairs..and woops off came the boot hehe..also I smacked my head off the wall on our SCBA drill...thank god for the helmets.... And cant forget how I hit my head off the railing also lol...After we were on the 1st floor and everythign was done I took my mask off..was pretty close to the wall and went to get up and BOOM off the railing...lol...wasnt to hard but it sure gave everyone a good laugh....so lets hear some of your funny or dumb mistakes you've made while training....I know you all have 1 or 2 that you've done so lets hear them!!..

------------------
    Andrew
    South Amboy, New Jersey
    Explorer Engine 6 So. Amboy Fire Dept & Cadet Morgan FAS
    "EMTS DON'T DIE THEY JUST STABILIZE"
    http://engine058.boltpages.com/southamboyfiredepartmentexplor erpost6/

SFDAJL
    Firehouse.com Guest

Well the dumbest thing I've ever done for a drill, was when we were coming back from from the drill ground (the high school) I turned around cause the engineer blew the horn, and since I wasn't used to riding the truck i was on, cause at the time it was over at House 2 and I respond out of House 1, so anyway I turn around and wham, the antenna for the walkie was right next to my face and wham, it went right under my glasses into my eye, luckily it was nothing, but I've had funnier/dumber things happen to me when i was out on calls. Like the time when I was on traffic duty and my suspenders broke and my bunkers fell down and I tripped on them and my helmet rolled off the road and down a hill. Or the time I put my helmet down on the ground and diverted my attention away, when I turned back there was a dog walking away with my helmet in its mouth, and there was the time when we were at a brush fire and I got totally entangled in a sticky bush (thank God for my helmet visor Oh well.

------------------
    Andrew Landstrom
    Station 71
    Spotswood Vol. Fire Department
    Spotswood, New Jersey

You light 'em, We fight 'em

Engine58
    Firehouse.com Guest

I'm glad I"m not the only one out there who got the sticker bush thing happen to them lol

------------------
    Andrew
    South Amboy, New Jersey
    Explorer Engine 6 So. Amboy Fire Dept & Cadet Morgan FAS
    "EMTS DON'T DIE THEY JUST STABILIZE"
    http://engine058.boltpages.com/southamboyfiredepartmentexplor erpost6/

ff21
    Firehouse.com Guest

Angry

guys in a senior but two weeks ago we had a training burn and i was on the nozzle and tried really hard to put out the fussee used to start the fire which resulted in my new nick name short fuse
    stay safe and have fun

kg6303
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

One time when I had first started as an explorer we were timing ourselves on how fast we could climb the rescue in our turnouts, it had just rained so every thing was slippery and when I was climbing down I slipped on the rescue bar. I'm not going to say where I hit on the safety bar that stopped me but lets just say i was talking high-pitched for the next few hours!

[This message has been edited by kg6303 (edited 06-12-2001).]

rcfehardcorechick
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

heh those are pretty funny.ok here is mine. it was one of the frist drills as an explorer and we were drilling with the fd.my dad is a very well known and respected ff'er.so we were both there and i had gotten all the left over gear and i ma very small person and all they had left was large and x-tra large.so here i ws in turnout gear that was way too big.we went up behind a building in a plaza near the fh.so we are abck there doing hoses and i m on the nozzle.i have no clue what i am doing so my dad is behind me telling me what to do.well i mistook what he said and pulled back on the handel to open the hose and i went flying.as did my dad cause he wasn't ready.it was pretty fun but everyone was laughing and to make matters even worse i needed help getting up cause i was wet and my gear was to big lol.
    erin

while running a search drill in a training structure, i had two jrs. find a victim, and one of them said over his portable,

". . . lieutenant, i've found the hostage!!!"

Hey andrew i remember that he came out lookin for his boot. Hey Toneloc711 i'lll admit that is funny but he's thinkin of the wrong profession LoL...
    Thomas J.
    Protection Eng Co Explorer Post #6

Stay Safe and Never Forget Your Fallen Brothers and Sisters.

This really didn't happen at training, but I still have to tell lol.

Our engine has jump seats in the back of the cab facin foreward that fold up. With that bit of info I now tell my story.

We were having a safety fair(I participated in a confined space rescue taht counted as my training for that month so it could count as training) I was showing some little kids around our engine. I was explaining to them how we use the laptop computer to find street addresses, to review the last reports on the hydrants, for preplans etc. and the SCBAs in the other seats facing back. The door was open, and the jumpseats are right beside the doors. I went to sit in the jumpseat.

and I fell out the truck. The jump seat was STILL UP! ARGH!

Sucked then but hey now it's funny

"Wait for me next time, then we'll burn it down"

"When those drums of chemicals explode we'll see who the REAL men are"

Thread Information