1. #26
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Does anyone have a harness on their bunker pants or have the attachment for rigging a harnees to their pants? I have Morning Pride bunker pants and a gemtor harness attached. Just wanted to see how many other explorers have harnesses.

  2. #27
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Berwyn, Illinois
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRFF661 View Post
    My Dept. Still uses 3/4 boots and long coats,we are getting pants due to nfpa changes, our coats are the exact same as the senior members,due to the fact that the gear is kept on our Engine.Personally i like the long coats and 3/4 boots better than heavy bunker pants.

    ------------------
    Justin Schinkel
    Junior FF
    Citizens Fire Co.
    E-661 & E-662
    "Leather Forever"
    Many positive changes are happening in "Turnout gear" The heavy bunker pants of old cannot compare with contemporary models. The best sales pitch for bunker pants (they used to be kept by the bunks and worn at night) is the injury protection provided. Research the location of firefighter burn injuries for those wearing 3/4 boots and long coats. After your research you may welcome the bunker pants. Encapsulating gear is not a perfect technology but it is an improvement
    Last edited by rjk001; 08-19-2008 at 01:02 PM.

  3. #28
    Gone.

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rjk001 View Post
    Many positive changes are happening in "Turnout gear" The heavy bunker pants of old cannot compare with contemporary models. The best sales pitch for bunker pants (they used to be kept by the bunks and worn at night) is the injury protection provided. Research the location of firefighter burn injuries for those wearing 3/4 boots and long coats. After your research you may welcome the bunker pants. Encapsulating gear is not a perfect technology but it is an improvement
    That post was 7 years ago man. Come on.

  4. #29
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    124

    Default

    We wear bunker gear... helmet, hood, gloves, coat, pants, boots.

    I don't get caught up in what kind....

  5. #30
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    3

    Default

    We have all assorted kinds. I really dont care what brand I have. I bought my own jacket/pants and helmet for a DARN GOOD deal on ebay, after selling a old jacket and black pants I had been given a while back. (We wear tan out here, no black). But brand makes no difference to me. If it works and fits me, im happy

    Quote Originally Posted by FDNYexp6012 View Post
    Does anyone have a harness on their bunker pants or have the attachment for rigging a harnees to their pants? I have Morning Pride bunker pants and a gemtor harness attached. Just wanted to see how many other explorers have harnesses.
    My jacket I got came with one built in in my JACKET, not pants..

  6. #31
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MFD102Explorer View Post
    We have all assorted kinds. I really dont care what brand I have. I bought my own jacket/pants and helmet for a DARN GOOD deal on ebay, after selling a old jacket and black pants I had been given a while back. (We wear tan out here, no black). But brand makes no difference to me. If it works and fits me, im happy



    My jacket I got came with one built in in my JACKET, not pants..
    I never knew that harnesses can be put in turnout coats. Is it bulkier or uncomforable?

  7. #32
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    90

    Default

    I think the harness he speaks of is the Drag Rescue Device now in all newer gear.
    Originally Posted by the1141man
    IACOJ is what Firehouse should have been to begin with, and what it now couldn't even aspire to in its wildest dreams.- the1141man

    the opinions typed in the above space are mine and mine alone

  8. #33
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smokeater1310 View Post
    I think the harness he speaks of is the Drag Rescue Device now in all newer gear.
    That makes sense, I didn't think of that. I have the DRD in my coat and I can't really tell its there.

  9. #34
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Since the topic is on bunker gear, how does everyones gear feel? Such as mobility, comfort, padding. fitting? I've tried on some Globe gear before at my friends vollie house and felt that it was constricting and the padding on the knees were just leather knee enforcements and killed my knees . I've heard good things about the G-Xtreme. We use Morning Pride and are really happy with it.

  10. #35

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rbpkc66 View Post
    I am not sure if you are asking to see about obtaining our gear or if you were just curious what our Jrs. wear which is the same as what we wear on calls. If your department is in need of the gear please feel free to have someone contact me.
    Reg
    hey i know you posted this a long time ago but i was looking for some bunker gear for a good price and thought that you might have some if so please email me ladkinslfd6@yahoo.com
    thanks

  11. #36

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2

    Default

    if anyone has any good cheap used gear please email me
    ladkinslfd6@yahoo.com
    thanks

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register