Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: making calls

Forum Member

Default making calls

What are the rules your dept. has about juniors or explorers making runs.
    On my dept juniors can make runs as long as there is a place for them on the engine or rescue. Only the older juniors and the ones who know where equipment is can go on car wrecks.
    "I truly believe that tradition is important to the long-term survival of the fire service."-Lt. Andrew Fredricks, FDNY,9-11-01

Forum Member

all volunteer dept, Juniors can ride in a truck if space is available. If not Juniors can go to the scene POV but not before a Firefighter is on scene.

Forum Member

Our juniors aren't allowed to go to the sense in their povs. So if they miss the engine than they cant go. Are ythere any other dept's like that. just wandering
    "I truly believe that tradition is important to the long-term survival of the fire service."-Lt. Andrew Fredricks, FDNY,9-11-01

my juniors are restricted in their respose to calls during certain hours (school day / non-school day), and must respond only to the f/h for all alarms our company responds to. They aren't allowed to ride any truck on an initial response. They can go to the scene w/ another advisor in his POV, or in a unit designated to bring them to the scene of actual fires only.

mainly the reason for this is liability and insurance costs.

Well the rules we got r standard. U can responde to any call but Mutal Aid, and Hazmat calls
    Thomas J.
    Protection Eng Co Explorer Post #6

Stay Safe and Never Forget Your Fallen Brothers and Sisters.

We can only respond to mainly fire calls, with some exceptions. If there is a call that I can not respond to, I sometimes head to the station and get all the cleaning supplies ready to wash the rigs when they return.

I try to help in anyway I can, whether it is onscene at a call or maintenance at the hall.

Firecadetak

in my dept. Explorers can respond to calls just not on our trucks, however juniors can. all explorers and juniors at any callmust report to a lieutenant or captain from their respective company. our explorers cant go into any burning structure except for drills, where our juniors can.

Temporarily/No Longer Active Station7Cadet's Avatar
    Pittsville Volunteer Fire EMS Rescue Department, Inc. Pittsville MD "Pittsville Pride"

No we can not ride anywhere, no MVAs, but we can go to a fire in non emergency repsonce

we are allowed to go to all calls, except ambulance. Otherwise, we can respond to everything. And there is usually a seat availiable.
    Visit us at http://www.randolphfire.org

anything, everything, and however we can get there, just not by ambulance.

we can respond to any 50(fire) we get go to any rescue.
    We are limited to responding during school on a school day no calls during school or before and nothining after.
    All other times are open we can go to any fire at any time of the night if we don't have school the next day.

We can ride any appuratus were limited to 2 jrs on the first out engine but after that the entire truck could be jrs and driver.
    No POVs at scene

Thread Information