Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Explorers with new gear

I was wondering if any Explorers out there have new gear?

Forum Member

Well I'm not an explorer but I have new gear. All of the juniors have old gear or hand me downs.But they ordered some new gear and the only person it would fit quit so I was the only other on who could wear it.
    "I truly believe that tradition is important to the long-term survival of the fire service."-Lt. Andrew Fredricks, FDNY,9-11-01

I wish I had new gear, but we all have hand-me-downs. When I get more money in my pocket, hahah, maybe Ill consider it.
    -Stay Safe

On my department, they just bought all of the PAID ON CALL firefighters and shift working firefighters new gear and are circulating down the stuff the had which is about three years old...so hopefully ill get a set of new janesville which is exactly what I want!!!!
    Adam Spencer
    Cadet Firefighter/First Responder
    Nixa Fire District
    Nixa MO 65714

burnin down the house
    Firehouse.com Guest

The only time my explorers get new gear is when the paid FF's get new gear so they get the hand me downs

hi i am a exploer with the bristol tn fire department, and i have a new set of fire-dex assault gear. it is a 32" nomex IIIA coat in yellow with orange scotchlite solid trim, and it has two bellows pockets on the coat, and features a inner zipper closure. the pants are Nomex IIIA in yellow with orange scotchlite solid trim, and has two bellows pockets on the legs, high back, inner zipper closure, and h-back suspenders. also i have a pair of fire-dex leather gloves, with a knit wristlet. also i have a pair of shelby fire wall gloves, they are elkskin.(i keep those in coat pockets). then for pants pockets i have a gurber tool, latex glove holder with one set of gloves, a knive, a mini maglite, a king-cobra long fire hood made of pbi/lenzing material. and finally in the coats hidden pocket i carry a pocket mask. also i have a seat belt cutter in a pocket on my bunker pants. i am looking to get a new cairns 660cmetro modern style fire helmet too, but that will be a little later on.
    well thats my bunker gear, look forward to seeing what everyone else has!!!
    btfd explorer

stay low, stay loose, and keep moving in (ladder co 18 lower midtown manhattan) null
    explorer

Usually the cadets and probationary members are issued the older, hand-me-down sets of gear, but I was issued newer gear because it was the only stuff they had in my size. Lucky Me!!

Thread Information