Default Being called a cop?

Do any of you deal with being called a cop by your friends. I have being dealing with the ignorant kids in my neighborhood calling me the cops. I try to ignore it, but in the inside I'm very mad, and ready to beat the hell out of them. Can anybody give me some advice? Thanks!
    FALLEN BROTHERS: REST IN PEACE

Forum Member

I've been called that before but I had a reason, I am an Law Enforcement Explorer as well as a Jr. Firefighter. Doesn't bother me. What I don't get is why they call you a cop when you are a Fire fighter. One day it will come back to them. They may need your help and they will regret what they say to you.

Forum Member

Since you are asking for advise..

Do NOT "beat the hell out of them." That would be bad... sticks and stones are one thing, but words are another. I am a cop, so I deal with this almost on a daily basis. You just have to learn to ignore them and keep in mind that you ARE the good guy here, and they are just showing their ignorance or jealousy.
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Never happened to me, although just yesterday I was down at the bus station listening to a bunch of paranoid hippies cop-bashing ('Cops beat up pregnant women' type stuff) and just about fell off my bench laughing when they mistook CDF guys with dark blue uniforms and a white pickup for cops. At one point one of them asked me How I can stand to sit there with that surveillance camera right there--my answer--I'm not doing anything illegal, I don't give a care.

Althea
    Althea Forhan
    FDNY 343:"Forever your power and strength stays with me"

When they say something dumb like that, you should feel good knowing that you are obviously more intelligent than them. 'course, they combined probably have the brain power of a tree stump.

Just point and laugh histercally at them when you drive by and tell all your friends to do the same thing. Eventually they will start to wonder what they are doing that is making the look so stupid and why everyone is laughing at them. Then maybe they'll go home.

See how long it take for them to shut up when they get in an accident or their house is on fire.

well I've never had that happen to me, but a good friend of my is the Police Explorer Captain in the other town that sends their HS students to my town, and we always throw friendly jabs at one another about our positions. But if I were to be called a cop, I'd just be like "Fine, now leave me alone before I give ya a ticket" or something

burnin down the house
    Firehouse.com Guest

as being a former LEO explorer and a ff exploder, dont worry about it, your friends are just jealous, Just dont let them get yer goat.

Forum Member

Never been an Explorer, but I am a Volunteer, Some people just think they need to make fun of you because you do something to help, Volunteer F.F.'s deal with it all the time people saying we are fake F.F.s I've never been to a fake fire or fake car accident myself.

Be proud of what you do don't let them bother you it takes alot to do what we do as long as you like it keep at it.
    Proud to be IACOJ Illinois Chapter--Deemed "Crustworthy" Jan, 2003

Thread Information