Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gay Explorers?

For years in our country, 'all of society' did not accept African Americans or women in many apsects of our society...What of them?

Very good point, TruroFAO.
    Just my views of things.
    Stay Safe!
    j6200

It doesn't matter.

Male -- Female
    Tall -- Short
    Gay -- Straight

Can the male do the job?... Yes
    Can the Female do the job?... Yes
    Can the Tall person do the job?... Yes
    Can the Short Person do the job?... Yes
    Can the Heterosexual person do the job?...
    Yes
    Can the Homosexual person do the job?...
    Yes

*JUST MY OPINION, DON'T LIKE IT?
    TOO BAD!!!"
    Mallory
    Firefighter
    Montgomery Co. Station 74
    "When the pager goes beep-beep, it's time to ride the woo-woo"

To engine1321,
    What kind of person are you to start something like this. We accept anybody who can get the job done. It's people like you who we refuse to join or kick out.

MembersZone Subscriber

To 65-whatever-your-sn-is,

Why are you getting angry at me for asking a question? I was just wondering what everybody's opinion is about this subject. I'm sorry you don't think that way.

I don't care what the sexual orientation is of any of my partners as long as they will watch my back and do their job. I don't even see where it matters. Everyone is family and it should not matter at all if someone is gay, straight, male, female, orange or purple. If they can do the job and are willing to deal with it they should be allowed to do it. Everyone is always saying they can not get enough volunteers and that they have to turn to paid staff. Well if you don't allow someone into the department becasue of their lifestyle then you are hurting yourself.
    Stay Safe and God Bless,

Ashley

I don't care what the sexual orientation is of any of my partners as long as they will watch my back and do their job. I don't even see where it matters. Everyone is family and it should not matter at all if someone is gay, straight, male, female, orange or purple. If they can do the job and are willing to deal with it they should be allowed to do it. Everyone is always saying they can not get enough volunteers and that they have to turn to paid staff. Well if you don't allow someone into the department becasue of their lifestyle then you are hurting yourself.
    Stay Safe and God Bless,

Ashley

bump////////
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber dmleblanc's Avatar
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

Boy, you dug pretty deep to bump this one, didn't ya? Good topic, though.....

I have some thoughts as regards gays in Explorer posts...I know that the Explorer program is a subsidiary of the Boy Scouts of America...I also know that the Boy Scouts of America has a policy of not accepting gays. Now, the Boy Scouts, being a private rather than a public organization, has a right to deny membership to those whose moral beliefs are not congruent with its own (whether you agree with that or not is not relevant to my question....that's another subject entirely....let's just accept this as given for a moment).

So my question is, how does this work when the Boy Scouts, a private organization that does not accept gays, partners with a fire department, a public organization that by its very nature, and by law, cannot and does not discriminate based on sexual orientation? Whose standards apply in an Explorer post? The BSA's or the sponsoring Fire Department?

A similar situation arose recently regarding the BSA and the armed services. For years Boy Scout units have visited military bases across the country....for camping, outdoor activities, etc. The armed services have always supported these visits and often provide accomodations, meals, etc., for the visiting Scouts. However, some ACLU types recently protested this, saying that the U.S. military is using public funds to provide a program that supports an organization that, in their opinion, is discriminatory. Interesting point, and not unlike the situation that would occur in an Explorer post partnering with a fire department.

So what do you think? Should the Explorer post play by BSA's rules and not accept gays? Does the rule even apply to Explorer posts or only traditional Boy Scout units? Or should it play by the fire department's rules, which do not allow such discrimination (one would hope)?
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

This is a nonissue, if your all worried then your not doing you job and i don't want you watching, not welcome at my house is intolerance, bigotry and back stabbing this is a brotherhood, we set an example and these behaviors are unaceptable, if ya wnat to toss the bible at me you need to read my Hebrew bible and show me where it says this, because brother my faith and the teachings of my Rabbi and thousands of Rabbis before him say otherwise. Intolerance has no place in this brotherhood, sorry for the strong words but there are a few things that bug the heck outta me and intolerance is one of them. My grandparents G-d rest their souls taught me what happens, when intolerance takes over.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear" - Ambrose Redmoon
    “It’s like Lego’s for firefighters.” Robert James III talking about hose appliances.
    "Police, Firefighters and EMS are the most collectively dysfunctional group of people in existence and only we understand each other!"

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by ArmyTruckCompany
    Most explorers are members of the BSA....Or explorer posts are break-off's of the BSA or associated with the BSA (Boy Scouts of America) in some fashion, one of the last morally straight organizations in the country that has tried in vain to remain untouched by the ACLU and all the other bastard liberal groups in this country. The BSA has, for decades, tried in vain to instill good, decent moral values in young men (and women) I still remember my Boy Scout Oath: "On my honor, I will do my best, to do my duty to god and my country, and to obey the scout law: to keep myself physically strong, mentally safe and morally straight". (Or something like that. But what I am trying to say is, that homosexuality is wrong. If it were not, then all of society would accept it with open arms. There would not be a "Dont ask, dont tell" policy within the Armed Forces. Homosexuality is wrong, and it needs to be kept out of young peoples lives. The BSA should continue to teach and instill good values to young people, and the ACLU and all those other leftist bastards need to back the hell off....Where are we safe anymore??

ok buddy i just wanted to let you know something you are born gay you just dont turn gay over night sometimes you dont now you gay yet but its always been there so when you saying that all these orgs. need to stay out of young peoples life you are wrong the orgs. arnt telling people to turn gay they are telling people its ok to come out of the closet and be who you are because some people spend there whole life hidding from it and never come out of the closet and you say were are we safe anymore you are safe every were like i said you are born gay the orgs. dont turn you gay

You must have need a drilling machine to find this one.

This is quite simple to sum up:

1. We don't have a policy on this
    2. Therefore we don't care either way
    3. We could care less what the boy scout's opinion on the issue is. Frankly, we have zero anything to do with them other than utilize their insurance and and child protection rules. If they vanished tommorow, we wouldn't notice until they didn't send us a bill for dues.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

The Boy Scouts Of America Does accept gays as Scouts. It Does Not accept openly gay Leaders. A Scout unit be it a Pack, Troop, Crew, Team, Ship, or Post can not deny anyone membership based on sexual orientation, race, or religion.
    FOR HE WHO SERVES HIS FELLOWS IS OF ALL HIS FELLOWS GREATEST

IACOJ

Forum Member

THE LAWS SAY NOTHING ABOUT BEING HOMOSEXUAL. Go read the dam constitution and the entire book of federal laws and if you find anything, which you wont, post it here.

This country is going back to the days of slavery. I really hate the views of somepeople that want to kill off all the homosexuals.

THE REASON FOR BSA'S Strong stance is the Numerous events where homosexual leaders took advantage of scouts, and in a few cases led to murders and other crimes. I dont have a exact number on the number of events that have occured. For example the BTK serial killer was a scout leader.

Plus if you are pulling the bible card.
    GOD created everything that is living.
    GOD loves all that he has created.

My opinion is that homosexuals are here on earth. They are not going anywhere. I dont agree with their choices. But I have respect their choices amd I am tolerant of their choices. I wish that the rest of this homophobe country would be the same way.

Plus what was the reason for this thread? Someone trying to pick a fight?
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Default Watch your back

Homosexuality is legal--I can handle that OK. It took a lot of time, money, legislation to make it the normal part of life.

What really makes me worried is if the same people that decided to make it acceptable get into power.

Will they make it compulsory?

Pink fire engines will look nice.
    "If you thought it was hard getting into the job--wait until you have to hang the "fire gear"up and walk away!"
    Harry Lauder 1981.Me on the left!

Default Re: Watch your back

Originally posted by Tooanfrom

What really makes me worried is if the same people that decided to make it acceptable get into power.

Will they make it compulsory?

Pink fire engines will look nice.
    Why? I know a gay leader (fire officer...) and he does a fine job. Would make a good chief too...

Even without the pink fire engines.

Default Re: Re: Watch your back

Originally posted by Res343cue

Why? I know a gay leader (fire officer...) and he does a fine job. Would make a good chief too...

Even without the pink fire engines.
    Maybe you like the idea of homosexuality being compulsory--good on yer. May your lipstick never clash with your turnout gear.

Sorry ,sunbeam it ain't my bag
    "If you thought it was hard getting into the job--wait until you have to hang the "fire gear"up and walk away!"
    Harry Lauder 1981.Me on the left!

Default Re: Re: Re: Watch your back

Originally posted by Tooanfrom

Maybe you like the idea of homosexuality being compulsory--good on yer.
    I'm not even touching on the compulsory comment...

This one, got my attention.
    So what if there are pro-Gay Rights leaders? So what if your Chief, or your Captain, or your city's mayor is gay. Big deal.

May your lipstick never clash with your turnout gear.
    Sorry fella, but your assumptions are wrong...Just because I'm not homophobic doesn't mean I'm gay.

MembersZone Subscriber

Some of you better watch what you are saying because you are teetering on the line of being offensive. I for one am offended at the JERK-OFF who said something along the lines of all Gays having AIDS. Living in the Washington Metro Area, I have met and worked with tons of Gay and Lesbian people, none of which have AIDS. On the other hand, almost ALL of the HIV/AIDS patients I have seen runnung calls at the Firehouse are IV Drug Using, Straight People.

Stop your fricking Generalizations. I bet there is at least one Homosexual in your family...

I see he is from Ozark Missouri. I bet he eats roadkill, plucks and banjo and has intercourse with his Sister. (How's that for a Generalization!?)
    Proud Right-Wing Extremist since 1992

"Extreme Liberalism is a Mental Disorder"- Michael Savage

Default Wonders never cease

Jeez Chris. We actually agree.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Since when are they "one". You make gays sounds like they are pencils or something. If you're Italian, I wouldn't say, "Boy, I don't want to sit next to one of them!" Are you afraid to use the word gay or homosexual?
    HA oh this is like in Anger Management where Adam Sandler tells the black Air Marshall "you people" and he got offended because he thought he meant you people as in black people but he meant people that work for airlines...same crap your pulling

someone who is smart as you are mite be able to realize that there is a one and only god
    If you believe in God and all that other crap...

Stop your fricking Generalizations. I bet there is at least one Homosexual in your family...
    Nope not mine
    NEVER FORGET!
    9/11/01

Thread Information