Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New members

Default New members

My fire department only has about 5 explorers...Any ideas on getting new members?

There's only 2 juniors on my department (including myself), I've been wondering the same thing.

Does the public know about yall , if not let them know. I am trying to get either an explorer post or junior ff's started in my dept. Im sure there are a bunch of people that would be intersted just let the public know about yall.

-Matt-

Ladys love me.
    Flames fear me.
    LADIES LOVE ME.
    FLAMES FEAR ME.

"I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THIS FLAG, IF THAT BOTHERS YOU WELL THATS TOO BAD!" AARON TIPPIN

If you wish to burn our flag please remember to wrap yourself in it first!!!

ALL SOUTHERNERS ARE EXEMPT FROM ANY AND ALL OF MY YANKEE COMMENTS ON ANY AND ALL FORUMS.

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!!!

Our post is at about 6-8 active members. We are looking into different ways of recruiting. We will be going to different community events looking for possible future firefighters and as the 2001-2002 school year begins possibly doing an announcment in the morning and passing the word along!
    -Stay Safe

Forum Member

You could put an ad in the local paper or even like nsfdjr said you could make an announcement at school. hope that helps
    "I truly believe that tradition is important to the long-term survival of the fire service."-Lt. Andrew Fredricks, FDNY,9-11-01

hey you guys my post has done all that stuff and we cant get any members right now we have 2 active explorers so i dont know how to get people eather
    -Tristin
    Orcutt Fire Protection District
    Explorer Post 2335
    Always remember "when the **** hits the fan turn off the fan"

The best thing to do is to get vocal. Start talking to your friends about the program. Make announcements at school and put up fliers. Put announcements in different newspapers and show up to community events. You have to let the community know you are present in order for them to want to join. If your fire dept. does any recruitment programs, ask to join in.

Anthony D. Ruggiero
    Explorer Captain/EMT-B
    Windsor Locks Fire Dept. Explorer Post 50
    Windsor Locks,CT

My crew including myself there are 5 of us. 1 idea we had was put that we would like members through our towns public acess TV channel or the Local newspaper
    Thomas J.
    Protection Eng Co Explorer Post #6

Stay Safe and Never Forget Your Fallen Brothers and Sisters.

Alrigh so it's more people you want. Coming from a post that is the largest and most active in our Council. I can tell you this our secret was the support we got from the commanders. First off if your going to recruit people the key is to get them to the station. Get your friends, anybody you know even if they aren't interested tell em to show up one week. Next do a hands on activity we have done car fires dumpster fires and other live burns like that to catch peoples attention. Talking to them is useless your not going to get that spark going. Don't let your dept. tell you you can't do live fire cause their nuts you just can't do interior attack. Lastly you need to have some selling point as to why they should take time out to come be a Explorer or junior.

Now to comment on the TV idea it works.... We did a PSA and had it put out on the local new channels and got a few people in and most stations will do it for free cause it's a tax write off for them... All Explorer post should know that if your solicate donations remind bussiness your tax-deductible (Thanks BSA).

Any questions or comments let me know

Firefighter Cory Adkins
    Ex-Explorer Post 900
    "A 4x4 **** son plywood comes in bigger sheets than that make that hole bigger boy" There are those out there that know what I mean!!!!!!

Thread Information