Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default looking for leather helmet

I'm am looking for a good used leather helmet.Preferably a cairns and brothers helmet. Black and must be in good condition. If any of you know anyone who wants to sell one or anywhere i could find used helmets let me know. Thanks
    "I truly believe that tradition is important to the long-term survival of the fire service."-Lt. Andrew Fredricks, FDNY,9-11-01

check out e-bay, they usually have a good selection of used leathers. be ready to spend some cash though. for as much as you`d pay for a used lid, you be better off buying a new one, you`ll have it forever if you take care of it, check out thefirestore.com for some decent prices on new leathers.

Forum Member

Buy a new one, if you're gonna shell out 4 bills you are better off getting one you can call yours, what I mean is you can claim every scratch, dent and ding on it as being from your experiences.

-Nick

Don't get a Leather they r heavy as hell they look nice and all but i own one and i wish i still had my Plastic helmet..
    Thomas J.
    Protection Eng Co Explorer Post #6

Stay Safe and Never Forget Your Fallen Brothers and Sisters.

Do not listen to the last dude...Leather is the best. They are just a little heavier then the plastics, but you get used to it.
    ** The opionions are mine and mine alone, they are not that of my dept or the local**

I actually found my leather to be balanced better than my 1010, so I didn't notice a weight difference at all.

No kiddin'. The leathers aren't that much heavier. I have two, both Cairns, one's a Houston, and the other is a New Yorker. As long as I have a say, I'll never go back to (gulp) plastic!
    Take care, stay safe, & stay low!

Lt.

here's the web site of a store that sells all sorts of stuff. i bought my last two there....he has new and used leather's from FDNY. the new ones are full priced and of coarse expensive....but the usede ones you can get a great deal on. $288 for the helmet...and they are already black.....i'm pretty sure they will ship it to you to.
    if you have any questions just email me.

]P & R Products
    klingerjr33@ccis.net
    Robert A. Klinger, Jr.
    (FIREFIGHTER)

There were a couple that folks had for sale on the fire site Hammerdown. http://www.hammerdown.com/fire.html
    Go down to the lower left of the screen where it reads "Place your own sale ad or wanted ad" and the go into the For sale ads.
    Good luck!

Thread Information