1. #1
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Madison, IN, USA

    Default Injuries and medical bills, who pays?

    If a Explorer, Junior Firefighter, or Cadet in your program or department is hurt in training or if allowed, on a scene, who is responsible to pay for their medical bills? Do you have insurance for that or are the Explorer's parents expected to cover the cost of the medical treatment?

    This is something very important for my department to answer. Any help you give will be greatly appreciated.
    Hazardous Materials Technician - If you see me running, try and keep up

  2. #2
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Daytona Beach, FL, US


    In my volunteer department, everyone, even the volunteers, are considered employees of the county. All members receive yearly physicals no matter what their role, and cannot stay active if a problem arises. Since everyone is technically an employee, everyone is covered by the department's insurance. The only way a member wouldn't be covered is if they were doing something they shouldn't be, like an Explorer doing interior attack.
    Hope that helps.
    Stay safe
    Bless all of our Fallen Brothers and Sisters. You will not be forgotten

  3. #3
    burnin down the house
    Firehouse.com Guest


    If you are a fire explorer and if you are injured at a training situtation that is sanactioned by BSA, then they will cover the bill. Hope that helps out


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register