Forum Member

Default Operational Guidelines for JRs

Here is my problem.

I need to have a basic set of operational guidelines and regulations in place for my department ASAP, with a little luck, by the end of the week. I will not have a problem getting them passed by the chief, he asked me to get them together for him. So, do any of you have your regulations and/or guidelines online anywhere?

Thanks.
    "No one ever called the Fire Department for doing something smart..."

Forum Member

Drop me a E-mail and I will send you copies of our Junior By-laws and SOGs. Good Luck.
    Kevin Sink
    Fair Grove Fire Dept.
    Thomasville, NC USA
    kevinsink@northstate.net

Forum Member

fgfd will u send me a copy too at woo_dog1@yahoo.com
    "Let's Roll." Todd Beamer 9/11 first soldier in the war on terror

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic for which it stands ONE NATION UNDER GOD indivisible,with liberty, and justice for all.

I.A.C.O.J. Probie and darn proud of it.

I think if you organize a good standard of operation, everyone can be happy. and the number one no-item would be; blue lights. In the state of PA any person under 18 can loose their licence for opertaing a blue flashing/rotating light; or an audible device. When I was a junior I memorized the laws, and the child labor section on Junior firefighters, explores, forest fire crews, and ambulance squads. I suggest you make your members review the federal child labor laws concerning these issues. Discuss it with them to make sure they understand why it is important that these laws are in place.

District Chief

try the fire marshal at Palm Harbor Fire Department in Pinellas County Fl. phfd100@aol.com (make sure you put in Jr/Explorer Program as subject)...ask them to forward to the Fire marshall...
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Forum Member

Thanks for all the help, I finally got a set of operational guidelines in service, complete with permission forms.

However, because this is our first attempt, the chief wanted to limit applicates to the 17-18 year range for the first 6 months or so, then expand down to 16 or so. I see where he is comming from, have some older "jr" firefighters recieve training, then make them jr captains and get them to help out with the "younger jrs."
    "No one ever called the Fire Department for doing something smart..."

Thread Information