Thread: How to?

Default How to?

Hey guys first off I want to say that my prayers are with the families and fellows emergency workers of those lost in this terrible tragedy which was alos a cowardly act on the terrorist's part and that those who lost their lives and those not givind up hope and still looking for bodies and even possibly living people are the true heros.
    Now for my question.I want to become a firefighter and my father is a capton in w/ the fire dept. in my city. He isnt real keen on me or my little brother becoming firefighters. As a young child growing up I went through the faze of want to be a firemen when i grow up but like all fazes I grew out of it and wanted to do something else that would pay better. Well about a year ago I realized that deep down inside I still wanted to be a firefighter, and my dad still thinks I want to be an air traffic controller which is what I wanted to become a couple of years ago. How do I tell my dad that I have decided once again to become a fireifghter?
    LADIES LOVE ME.
    FLAMES FEAR ME.

"I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THIS FLAG, IF THAT BOTHERS YOU WELL THATS TOO BAD!" AARON TIPPIN

If you wish to burn our flag please remember to wrap yourself in it first!!!

ALL SOUTHERNERS ARE EXEMPT FROM ANY AND ALL OF MY YANKEE COMMENTS ON ANY AND ALL FORUMS.

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!!!

Only you can make that decision. Just make sure that you really do want to be a firefighter. When you do, I'm sure your father will understand!

Just tell him the deal man. I'm sure he'll understand besides, do what make you happy not someone else.

Forum Member

I would just lay it out clean in front of him. I didn;t decide to become a firefighter until my senior of high school and I was very upfront with my parents. Up until that point, I wanted to be something in the journalism field. My obcession with firefighting runs deep, and my parents have said, that after college, I am on my own. They might still think this is a phase(I know otherwise)...but just be upfront. He can't tell you no b/c he is on the job too...that would be hypocritical. So my advice is to come clean.

Thread Information