Default Starting Explorers & Citizen Fire Academy

Hello everyone,

I work for Round Rock FD (just north of Austin, TX) and I am trying to get information on Explorer Posts, Citizen Fire Academy, or high school programs. I would like information ranging from acceptance criteria and Lesson Plans to average class costs (or annual costs). Also any benefits/drawbacks to the programs. What are the participants allowed/not allowed to do.

I would like to present this information to our administrationin as complete a form as possible. If you can help, I'll get you my e-mail, fax, or mailing address.

Thanks again,
    James
    There is seldom an inner urge to preach what one practices.

I don't kow about the EP, but if you want info on a Citizens Fire Academy check out www.eveshamfire.org ,they are out of Burlington County, NJ, I interned there over the summer and they run one. The web site has a link and a contact persons email about the program.

Hope this helps.

[ 10-04-2001: Message edited by: ENGINE18-3 ]
    The statements above are my own opinions

FF Greg Grudzinski
    Oaklyn Fire Dept.
    Station 18-3

I work for good sized city north of Cincinnati, and we are interested in starting an explorer post....Any help anybody can give would be great....Thanks....please e-mail me at cffd20@yahoo.com....God bless all
    RJL
    CFFD Firefighter/ Paramedic
    Remember our brothers in New York

Forum Member

We have had a Junior program at or dept. for over 20 years now and it has really been an asset to us. Not only do we help the kids in the community, but, as a result, we receive a experienced senior firefighter when they reach 18. At this point over 3/4 of our membership has come up through the junior program. If you drop me a e-mail I'll be glad to send you copies of our Junior By-Laws and SOGs. Good Luck!
    Kevin Sink
    Fair Grove Fire Dept.
    Thomasville, NC USA
    kevinsink@northstate.net

Thread Information