Thread: Minitor 3

Default Minitor 3

i just got my new minitor 3 pager and i love it, so far. just wondering if anybody else has one and likes/dislikes them. i hear the 2's are good pagers as well, i had a minitor 1 and it weighed about 3 lbs and only worked when i hit it(20 yrs old),lol

I have to jump on this one. The minitor III's are newer technology and have some better features. However, what Ive seen and heard about thier proformance is disappointing.... Missed pages, dead spots. The minitor I's I believe hold up well, if they've been cared well for. They could take a beating and keep working, Im not sure a III will.

plus they cost an arm and a leg.

We don't have them, but the officers just got Minitor IIIs like last week, so its hard to get an opinion on them since we haven't had them that long. Though my Minitor II is great, I swear it's indestructable, I've dropped it so many times on various kinds of floors and all it's gotten is a small scratch on it for over a year of heavy abuse -- and its used too so it's had quite a beating during its lifetime but is excellent.

well i dont know about how good it holds up to drops and hopefully i wont ever find out , i know the reception is better than my minitor 1, i pick up my county crystal clear even though it is synthesized two counties away, i think the ones that came out in the beginning were crap and gave ALL of them a bad reputation, my dept has a lot of them and nobody has ever missed a call yet(knock on wood)

MembersZone Subscriber

Well I'm gonna have to disagree here.. I think the Minitor I's & II's were quality made I've had A minitor I Minitor II and a Minitor III I gave the M3 back for my M2 because the M3 is such horrible craftsmenship. The knobs fall off they switch channels by themselves. sometimes when I had it on vibrate it would Alert instead. Its been nothing but problems for my Dept. You'd drop it and you'd hear rattling... and it had to be sent out. NOW the minitor I's I've dropped it maybe about a good 15-20 times over hte past 2 years I had it and it still works and I had no problems with it. Its fallen from the firetruck the ambulance rescue truck.. uhh All types of floors and materials and it works great. same goes for hte minitor II . except for 1 or 2 scratchs . Minitor III my friend dropped his a bunch of times and the battery case opened up and he had to send it back because it knocked somethin loose inside. remember guys newer isnt always better....So dont go praising the minitor III's until you've Experienced them all

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: Engine58 ]
    Andrew
    Firefighter/EMT
    New Jersey

In the past i had 2 minitor II's. one for the Fd and the other for the ambulance corps. The Fd was replacing the II's with the III's and they were giving them out to those who show up. so i got one. The ambulance corps got a new transmitter and a new Freq. so we had to get the new pagers. My Fire Dept M3 was sent out once for repair. Im on my 3rd M3 for the ambulance corps. I like the M3's smaller size and vibrate ability. But not once did i have to send out my M2's for repair. They fell plenty of times once even from the roof of my car after i left it there...
    Chris Kerrigan
    ILiveInACage@aol.com
    FireFighter/EMT/HazMat Tech

New Milford Vol. Fire Dept Company #2
    New Milford,NJ

In my other company the officers got minitor 3 pagers. They had a lot of problems with them. They kept on missing calls and the volume controls broke. But in my company right now they dont have any problems that i know about.

I cant say much for the III's but as for the II's I can honestly say that I do believe they are indestructable. I have dropped mine on the floor, had it fall off the dash of the pumper to the ground, and twice I have gone in the water off the boat on rescues with it on my belt, it dried out, and keep on workin like nothing ever happened.

[ 11-16-2001: Message edited by: diverescue39 ]

I would lika a min 3 but my dept won't buy it and i don't have $300 to buy one. but for my min 2 i love it. i think its the best ever made i have dropped it many many times and it kickas ***

Thumbs down

Seeing as how Motorola recalled the Mintor III's... I had one for a while. It frequently missed calls, and after one incident with water, it's having some real issues.

Thumbs up

After the recall, we haven`t had any problems with them. They`ve worked fine. As for the water incident you mention, that would probably effect any type of pager.

Minitor 3's sheesh other than vibrating they aren't any better than a brick. Luckily our fire dept also pages out runs over our alph pages cause I have almost missed 10 runs from the 3 not picking it up. Yeah they are smaller and lighter but it sucks when you carry two fire pagers so you can make sure you hear the run. The only reason why I still carry the 3 is because we have a all call on it and not on the 2's. And the damn reset button is awkward on the 3's.

Motorola needs to do some fixing before I give my support....
    "A 4x4 **** son plywood comes in bigger sheets than that make that hole bigger boy" There are those out there that know what I mean!!!!!!

I never had a minitorIII so I can't say that I personally have had problems with them, but some people that run with the local amb. do and they haven't had many problems. The minitorII that was my father's for 7 years and now I have used for 2 has had countless encounters with possible destruction, but my father or I have never had to send it to be repaired.
    "Real Heros wear SCBA, Not Capes!"<br />

<a href="http://www.newhollandfire.net" target="_blank">www.newholland fire.net</a> **department website**

<a href="http://www.lancasterfire.com" target="_blank">www.lancasterf ire.com</a><br />**county website**

Thumbs down

In my dept., We used Motorola faithfully for many years, but when we got the minitor III's, we switched.We purchased a new line of pagers, Nova, and so far, we've had nothing but great performance out of them.

Forum Member

I have a Minitor II. Which people that have had Minitor III's have actually been going back to. THe only thing our chief likes about the III is the vibrate option. But other than that they are junk. Infact don't even pick up in our own parking lot. Or on the road where the tower is. We are very disappointed.
    Firefighter/EMT Mitch Cowen
    Hose Co. 1 1st Lieutenant
    Randolph Fire Co. Inc

Thread Information