Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Post Hazardous Materials Training

What level do most departments train their explorer's/Juniors too. All of our Explorers are HazMat Ops/WMD Ops, and we have two that are Technician Level but they are moving up to FF's positions as of next monday. Just curious as to also what roles other departments allow their explorers to play in such incidents ours are sent to rehab and run the rehab and command post area they are also used as runners and most are well rounded in their trainings.
    "A 4x4 **** son plywood comes in bigger sheets than that make that hole bigger boy" There are those out there that know what I mean!!!!!!

Our juniors including me are FF2 certified and in FF2 we do Hazmat Ops.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Stick to the basics. Yes Jr.'s should have awareness level to indenitfy a problem and stay away but other than that stick to firefighting basics. There is plenty of time to get into the other stuff down the road but you are jr. firefighters and firefighter is what needs to be worked on first. No probelm with jr.'s observing but keep to that and from a distance.

in my post, we got all of the ride-alongs certified at leastas FROs. the non-ride-alongs are at FRA level
    JC Makusztak
    Explorer Lieutenant/Firefighter Trainee
    San Bernardino County Fire Dept.
    Station 20, Lytle Creek

570eck:
    Just because you take Hazmat Ops or a class like that doesnt meen your going to be doing it as a junior. By taking a hazmat class you of course you can be aware of a hazmat situation and you can help set up a decon site.

Thread Information