Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    exp17
    Firehouse.com Guest

Red face Buisiest Ride Along Days

What do you guys find to be the best (i.E. Buisiest) days to ride a long? In County the 4th of July usually means gauranteed fires, and tons of runs. SO does the days around major holidays. but what days of the week in addidtion do you guys find to be fairly steady/busy?

Depends what kind of calls you're looking for. Mondays and Fridays and days with bad weather during rush hour are good for MVCs. Friday, Saturday, and sometimes Sunday evenings and early mornings are good for alcohol-related incidents. The summer in general is usually busier for medical calls, since more people are taking vacation, going out to enjoy the weather, kids are home from school, and people are generally being crazy. Conversely, in the middle of a downpour, snowstorm, blizzard, ice storm, etc, calls tend to taper off since people learn it's bad to go out. Winter also brings more heater-related fires, furnace problems, things like that. CO poisoning's another one. A good question to ask is, "When are people most likely to do something stupid?" Then remember, once you have it all figured out, you should throw your predictions out the window. You can try to account for every possible event, and then something will happen to really throw you for a loop. In general, I'd go for the Friday or Saturday thing. Good luck.

MembersZone Subscriber

It has always been my experience that Sundays are busiest. Usually a large number of domestics, MVAs (people returning home), codes, etc.

Be Safe,
    Have fun,
    CLiff

I have found that we run more calls on friday and saturday. We also run more codes when it is or just has snowed.

We get most of our major calls during the wee hours of the morning. The busiest time of the year for us is in late march and all of april because thats open burning season and its the dryest time of the year so those brush fires seem to break out several times a day, its fun to begin with, but it can get tiring. -Jon

pyrojon5@yahoo.com

Cool

All of the fires I have experienced were usually on a Sunday. We also have a lot of calls on Saturday.

MembersZone Subscriber Engine58's Avatar

EMS calls.... Definitley Sundays (all day) and Monday mornings... Lots of Major MVA's sick people on hte parkway... you name we've had it on the parkway..lol.. Buttt.. Fire call side... Im gonna stick with Never..lol.... SOMETIMES around the holidays we see a rise of fire calls but other than that forget it.. its never busy around here once in a while we get our busy spells but other than that....stays pretty quiet....
    Andrew
    Firefighter/EMT
    New Jersey

Thread Information