exp17
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Sherriff explorer's usefull? :eek:

I can't believe what my friend who is a sherriff explorer told me. He said that they are more useful then fire explorers/cadet/juniors are. what a load of horsepoo... do you all feel that we are better then some glorified fileboy who just sits back doing crowd control while we get to fight fire? (during training) Granted they have their uses but it is two different fields.

[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: exp17 ]

I thought fire explorers/cadets/juniors couldn't fight fires?? that is what you guys complain about all the time isn't it?? Don't go starting to bash a program until you get your facts straight!!

MembersZone Subscriber

heree we goo againnn
    Andrew
    Firefighter/EMT
    New Jersey

Both Sherriffs and FFs are important in their own ways. Face it....theres no way we could do without either of these, so lets not attack either profession. Aren't we supposed to back each other up?
    "A greater love hath no man than this...."

Forum Member

I think that Jr. FF's are more important than Sherriff explorers. We can fight fires from the OUTSIDE and we can retrieve tools from trucks and other important things. Their isnt much that Sherriff explorers. But that is just what i think.
    "Let's Roll." Todd Beamer 9/11 first soldier in the war on terror

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic for which it stands ONE NATION UNDER GOD indivisible,with liberty, and justice for all.

I.A.C.O.J. Probie and darn proud of it.

I know that in my post, we have the fire dept, police dept, and the medics, because they are all important and have thier jobs to do on a fire/medical/accident/ect scene. Just because the fire explorers do one thing and enjoy it, doesn't mean that maybe someone else likes to direct traffic or strap someone to a LSB. I would go as far as to say that no one is more inportant than the other, but based on my own personal opinion, one group can have more fun that the others.

[ 12-22-2001: Message edited by: FireJoshKS ]

Josh McCray
    Explorer Post 2205
    http://explorers2205.s5.com

~Firefighters: We interfer with natural selection ~
    ~Responding to calls at mach 3 with the windows down and our hair on fire! ~

your #1 goal in either program is to LEARN! How do you place value on who is who is learning what?

Forum Member

Id say no program is better than the other. Im an explorer for Fire and have been for two years, same with ambulance. No matter what program ur in, fire, ambulance, police, engineering, whatever, its important. Face it, there is a need for everyone these days. Youre telling me that a sheriff explorer is nothing? Trust me, we need these guys in our future...
    -Stay Safe

Temporarily/No Longer Active
    Pittsville Volunteer Fire EMS Rescue Department, Inc. Pittsville MD "Pittsville Pride"

I don't that it matters! As long as you are giving back to community, you should NOT contradict him and his freedom to choose what he wants to do! I think of your not sure what one is better then a suggest that you join both! That is the smart thing to do!

I think I'm just going to sit this one out. I've started enough controversy lately.
    Big Dawg

"Find 'em HOT, leave 'em WET!"

"VOLUNTEER FIREFIGHTERS are NEVER off duty!!!"

Thread Information