Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Post Please Help w/ Interesting Drills

I have recently become the senior adviser of our Jr. Company. I am looking for ideas for interesting drills that you guys have done. Our Jr.s are allowed to wear packs and have done some basic mazes and alot of hose streches. They seem to be bored with these although they understand the importance of them. I am looking for some new ideas. Let me know what you guys do. Thanks.
    B Holmes

exp17
    Firehouse.com Guest

Red face

We do a few cool drills when we meet. A new one that we did, was put a bunch of couplings in a piles, blindfold and put gloves on them and give them 3 minutes to see what they can make of it. It teaches them how to feel the couplings, when they can't see them but feel what and how they are. We also cut up cars at junkyards, hold training fires, with search and recsue are the training facility. Or do rapelling

exp17
    Firehouse.com Guest

Red face

We do a few cool drills when we meet. A new one that we did, was put a bunch of couplings in a piles, blindfold and put gloves on them and give them 3 minutes to see what they can make of it. It teaches them how to feel the couplings, when they can't see them but feel what and how they are. We also cut up cars at junkyards, hold training fires, with search and recsue are the training facility. Or do rapelling

a fun drill that we like to do is repelling. If you have a 2 or 3 floor department you can do it off of the roof like we do. OR...if you don't perhaps a company of school in the area of your department will allow you to use theirs. We really enjoy doing it and it is a useful excersise. Stay safe

Forum Member

Our explorers do most everything we do. Let them come up with ideas. By letting them run the program they learn some leadership skills.
    Stephen J Bourassa
    Latham FD (NY)
    member since 1969
    challenge competitor since 1993

MembersZone Subscriber

Send them through the local fire fighter training class. It's very interesting, might actually learn something too.

Thread Information