Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Question jr.ff. training ideas

Does anyone have a ideas for jr.ff. training any experience w\ any drills or places to find drills
    BRIAN

Depending on what you already know there are a variety of drills that you can take part in. Some of my favorites include smoking up building to search for "victims", repelling off the roof of some building, or practicing using the nozzle.
    There are other essential drills that you can take part in too. Some of these are holding a CPR class, air pack training. Also, even though it's a little boring, you could have a class on where the equipment is on your apparatus, and how to use it. After all, you will be on them some day.
    "A greater love hath no man than this...."

rolling hose and washing trucks is always fun for the juniors...

But really, we only have one JR right now (testing the program on a small scall before we open it up to everyone else) and he gets to do almost exactly what we get to do. There are, however, some things (like entering a burning building) that he needs to get super-ultra-special permission weeks ahead of time to do. Then again, our Junior is 18. If they are younger, I suggest something fun like relays etc. Nothing beats good head to head race to get things competative.
    "No one ever called the Fire Department for doing something smart..."

Our Jr post does drills such as: Car Extrication, Mask Confidence, CPR, Ladders, hose line ops, at 16 they can take the basic ff class, we go to the NYS fire academy in July, the kids have also done ventalation and worked on the roof simulator.
    <a href="http://www.lakecarmelfd.org" target="_blank">www.lakecarmel fd.org</a> links- explorers

Thumbs up

I try to incorparate the same training that the carreer firefighters train on , but to a certain degree. I think the explorers like that and that keeps things interesting.
    DEPUTY CHIEF
    "When thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee." Isaiah 43;2

Thread Information