JCochran
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Operational SOP's for small volunteer dept

OUR DEPARTMENT IS TRYING TO DEVELOP SOME OPERATIONAL SOP'S. WE HAVE A DEPARTMENTAL SOP IN PLACE BUT WE WANT TO ENCORPERATE THE OPERATIONAL SOP'S TO TAKE AWAY ANY QUESTIONS AND/OR GUESSING ON THE FIRE GROUND. IF ANYONE HAS ANYTHING THAT WOULD BENIFIT US WE WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT. WE ARE ALSO TRYING TO DEVELOP A MASTER FIRE PLAN IF ANYONE CAN HELP WITH THAT. MY E-MAIL ADDRESS IS r3k2j@ellijay.com. THANKS FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE US

Chief *
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

My department has done what you are looking at doing. It has helped us greatly. If you are intersted in a copy i can email them to you. Also one thing that was helpful to us, is have every active member sign a sheet stating he\she has recieved a copy and understands that they are resposible for the info in them.

Chief *
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

My department has done this. If you are interested let me know and I can email them to you for an example. One thought however make sure that you have each member sign a statement that states that they are responsible for the info in the guidlines.

phyrngn
    Firehouse.com Guest

We have a rudimentary form of Guidelines put in place that we are constantly expanding and updating. Be sure, however, that you speak with an attorney before you implement anything. They could help you with some wording that will keep you out of trouble. Also, someone has a new book out on how to write SOP's...check the Fire Engineering Magazine website...Fallon Nevada's VFD website also has some good examples.

Thread Information