Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Jeff801
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Thermal Imager - Grant Writing

I am attempting to write a grant for 2 Thermal Imaging Cameras. I have a County organization interested in helping with the funding. Does anybody have a T.I.C. Grant that they would be willing to share.

I am looking for a model to assist in the writing of our own grant. Primarily a strong justification statement.

I am scheduled for a grant writing class later this quarter, but am looking to meet a deadline.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff Smith
    Local 571

S. Cook
    Firehouse.com Guest

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but here's some things I would include...

- TICs sell to the public based on their benefit in rescue, so I would emphasize that in your information. There's a whole save section in the Thermal Imaging Technology Forum on this site.

- Improvement of firefighter safety (actually their greatest asset in my opinion)

- Locate lost/missing/runaway persons

- More thorough smell of smoke investigations

- More thorough overhaul

- Hazmat ops

- We use ours at MVAs if it's possible someone was thrown out (one of our crews found a blood trail one night and followed it to the point where someone picked them up.

- Useful for any call where a differing temperatures will provide a clue as to what's going on.

Also, give Four Alarm (800-784-0404) a call and I'm sure they can loan you a demo unit for a show and tell session.

Thread Information