Thread: Thermal Imager - Grant Writing
01-14-2000, 05:36 PM #1Jeff801Firehouse.com Guest
Thermal Imager - Grant Writing
I am attempting to write a grant for 2 Thermal Imaging Cameras. I have a County organization interested in helping with the funding. Does anybody have a T.I.C. Grant that they would be willing to share.
I am looking for a model to assist in the writing of our own grant. Primarily a strong justification statement.
I am scheduled for a grant writing class later this quarter, but am looking to meet a deadline.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
01-15-2000, 01:04 PM #2S. CookFirehouse.com Guest
I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but here's some things I would include...
- TICs sell to the public based on their benefit in rescue, so I would emphasize that in your information. There's a whole save section in the Thermal Imaging Technology Forum on this site.
- Improvement of firefighter safety (actually their greatest asset in my opinion)
- Locate lost/missing/runaway persons
- More thorough smell of smoke investigations
- More thorough overhaul
- Hazmat ops
- We use ours at MVAs if it's possible someone was thrown out (one of our crews found a blood trail one night and followed it to the point where someone picked them up.
- Useful for any call where a differing temperatures will provide a clue as to what's going on.
Also, give Four Alarm (800-784-0404) a call and I'm sure they can loan you a demo unit for a show and tell session.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)