Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Bob Snyder
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question New NFPA standard for SCBA??

My VFC is currently putting together a three-year plan to replace/upgrade our SCBA. We have heard that there may be a new NFPA standard for SCBA (including changes to standards that are integral to SCBA construction, such as air flow requirements, etc.). We want to make sure that whatever we purchase is compliant with any forthcoming standard.

Does anyone know (i) if there is a new SCBA standard coming out soon, and (ii) if so, what changes are being made that could affect our purchasing decision?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Capez
    Firehouse.com Guest

I don't think you need to be concerned with the change too much. Mostly the manufacturers have to worry about it. As long as the equipment you get is compliant with the date of manufacture it's fine. The majority of the changes arn't retroactive.

By the way I havn't heard of any new SCBA standards yet.

Alex C.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default 2008 update to NFPA 1852

NFPA 1852: Standard on Selection, Care, and Maintenance of Open-Circuit Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA), 2008
    http://www.nfpa.org/aboutthecodes/Ab...ookie%5Ftest=1

Let's talk fire trucks! BoxAlarm187's Avatar

This post brought to you by the national "Resurrect An Old Thread" foundation, seeing that old threads don't go away peacefully. Join us this month, and do your part to find an eight-year-old thread to revive and re-introduce to us all!
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    This post brought to you by the national "Resurrect An Old Thread" foundation, seeing that old threads don't go away peacefully. Join us this month, and do your part to find an eight-year-old thread to revive and re-introduce to us all!
    Hey, this sounds like a great idea for a NEW thread. We can post links to "very" old threads that can be revived by unsuspecting newbies. This way, we won't have any more threads revived by accident. It will be done on purpose.

So.....what do ya think?????
    Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Thread Information