Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    fayette dist #1
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Fire Gear Orders

Through the past few years when our department has ordered new gear the company rep. would give us a time frame to recieve our gear but we usualy end up waiting up to 6 or 7 months. I was wondering if this is normal or if were getting the run around. We've tried Janesville, Fire Gear, Globe, morning pride. They all seem the same as far as shipping.

Thanks and Stay Safe,
    Lt. James Woda
    Fayette Twp. Fire Dist #1

SRVFD2
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question

That sure doesn't sound right to me - we usually get immediate delivery - but, then, we don't order many sets at a time. But, I can't believe they'd take that long even if ordering for a large dept.!!

benson911
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Unless you are a large department which demands the manufacturer keep a supply of your gear on hand, or your large gear orders take priority, you will wait up to 6 months for your gear. If you're getting it earlier, you're ordering "off-the-shelf" stuff which isn't necessarily bad, just not custom built to your dept's spec's.

Every manufacturer has different programs, find one who will stock your style of gear, or get a style of gear they keep in stock. In other words, spec your gear just like FDNY and get Morning Pride shipped a lot quicker.

Thread Information