Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Software

309@vrfd
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Software

We are considering going to Firehouse software for our department. Pros and cons please.

Chiefws
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Our Dept. uses a software package from Emergency Software Products, Inc. Some of the Dept. in our area have changed from firehouse software to there package. I have seen firehouse and it does't compare. Also Emergency Software will customize the software for your use. We had our LOSAP added to the program.

If you need any further information, you can e-mail me and I will send you a demo disk. Thnaks.

Bill Smith
    e-mail Chiefws @aol.com

PFD109NFD107
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our FD uses Firehouse Software and we are pretty happy with it.

Tiger
    Firehouse.com Guest

My Department has used Firehouse Software for about 5 years. It does about 95% of our business for us and integrates extremely well with everything else we use.

Our town's 5 fire departments all use Firehouse and our Town's Dispatch Center, Building Inspection/Code Enforcement Office and the Water Department now all use it.

For the first time ever, 8 town departments can share and use the same information. "What a concept!"

------------------
    Tiger [Earl] Schmittendorf
    Fire Training Coordinator/Recruiter
    Erie County Division of Fire Safety
    716/681-7111
    FAX/681-3645
    www.erie.gov
    schmitte@bflo.co.erie.ny.us
    ----------------
    Tiger Schmittendorf
    tiger@onscenemarketing.com
    OnScene Marketing Services
    "Mutual Aid for Marketing Your Fire Department"
    www.onscenemarketing.com

Adler
    Firehouse.com Guest

Firehouse is nice. It is time consuming once you start, but once you get use to it, it is very nice. You can also keep track of individuals training hours, meetings attended, payroll, personal information and is easy to transmit run reports to the state. Good Luck.

chiefsammy
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

The Dept I'm with uses Firehouse software, we really haven't had any problems, their customer support is great. Been using it for about 4 years now. I think a lot of the programs are about the same. What you have to look at is the company history and freq. of product updates and tech support. It's not going to do you any good is in 6 months the company folds and you left with a program that is dead in the water, and believe me you put a lot of time and effort into the start up of any program. Do your homework and I think in the long run you will make the right choose for your needs.

[This message has been edited by chiefsammy (edited 01-13-2001).]

[This message has been edited by chiefsammy (edited 01-13-2001).]

Thread Information