blevins17
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation Ideas on Firefighter Incentive Programs

Need ideas on any firefighter incentive programs that anyone has in place or heard of. We are strictly volunteer and have some extra money in the budget. Some of the members had heard of incentive programs that would pay money or provide them with some sort of reward for the calls and training they attend thoughout the year. Please if anyone is familiar with this type program I would greatly appreciate your response. Allen Blevins City View Fire Department, Winston-Salem NC

------------------
    blevins17@msn.com

Chiefws
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

OUR DEPARTMENT JUST STARTED A LOSAP PROGRAM. WHICH PROVIDES A RETIREMENT PROGRAM FOR THE FIREMEN. THE TOWNSHIP PROVIDES THE FUNDING FOR THE PROGRAM $50,000 A YEAR. EACH MEMBER GETS $1,150 A YEAR PUT INTO A RETIREMENT PROGRAM MANAGED BY AN INDEPENDENT INSURANCE COMPANY.

THE TOWNSHIP RESIDENCE HAD TO VOTE ON THE PROGRAM, ONCE IT PAST THAT THE TOWHSHIP HAD TO BUDGET THE MONEY IN THE FD BUDGET.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROGRAM, YOU CAN CALL OR WRITE TO ME.

FAIRFIELD FIRE DEPARTMENT
    230 FAIRFIELD ROAD
    FAIRFIELD, NJ 07004
    (973)882-2740
    E-MAIL CHIEFWS@AOL.COM

Tiger
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Whatever incentive program(s) you choose to implement - make sure you're targeting the right audience.

Peace at home = Peace at the firehouse.

Figure out what motivates your membership and tailor your incentives to meet their needs.

If you want more ideas - check out the Top Ten Commandments for Recruitment & Retention at www.onscenemarketing.com.

------------------
    Tiger [Earl] Schmittendorf
    Fire Training Coordinator/Recruiter
    Erie County Division of Fire Safety
    716/681-7111
    FAX/681-3645
    www.erie.gov
    schmitte@bflo.co.erie.ny.us
    ----------------
    Tiger Schmittendorf
    tiger@onscenemarketing.com
    OnScene Marketing Services
    "Mutual Aid for Marketing Your Fire Department"
    www.onscenemarketing.com

FGFD43
    Firehouse.com Guest

Being from right down the road,(Fair Grove Fire Dept., Thomasville, NC), I thought I would share what we have here. The main monetary incentive we provide is the payment of our firefighters premiums in the NC Firefighters Retirement fund. We begin paying their premiums after their third year in the dept. We also pay for any training they wish to take at any of the fire colleges in the state.(including room for out of town colleges)

------------------
    Kevin Sink
    Fair Grove Fire Dept.
    Thomasville, NC USA
    kevinsink@northstate.net

Thread Information