fyrfight
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Record Entry, paper to puter, need help with forms

We have a nice network. We have seven stations. At city hall we have a nice web server. What is the best way to have the crews at the station to enter data. What programs are out there ? What is your dept using ? I was thinking I could have a form based web page that would be hosted by the city's web server. But if the server is down than hard to enter data from stations. What about email based ? I'm sure other depts have something set up. I don't want to reinvent the wheel. Btw our network, all the stations are on a T1 line. Nice isn't it . We are running windows 95. The main puters at city hall are running windows nt. For email we are running Outlook Exchange server.

The forms I'm looking at doing include. Training, rig checks, maybe later have the inspections we do form based.

Thanks in advance,

Bryan Stedman
    Racine Fire Department
    262-635-7900

EastKyFF
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Bryan:

We use the Firehouse software. It is NFIRS compatible and can record staffing, training, maintenance, inspections, hydrants, incidents, everything.

I believe it is network-able, but we just have one station so I'm not sure.

There are lots of them out there. Fill out some product cards out of fire service mags (one in particular!) and most will send you a 30- or 60-day demo CD.

FGFD43
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Firehouse Software is network capable and can be set up to automatically connect to individual stations to receive incident reports. Checkout www.firehousesoftware.com
    Good Luck.

------------------
    Kevin Sink
    Fair Grove Fire Dept.
    Thomasville, NC USA
    kevinsink@northstate.net

Chiefws
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question

We use software from Emergency Software Products. NFIRS5.0, Personnel and Training, Pre-Plan, Fire Inspection System, Inventory and Maintenance and much more. If you would like I could send you a demo CD and pricing for netork.

Just e-mail: Chiefws@aol.com or visit there web site at: www.emergencysoftware.com

Thread Information