Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help!!

parkerfp1
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Help!!

Hey anyone out there who can help me I will greatly appreciate it. I am a sophomore in college and I am really interested in the field of Fire Investigation. As a volunteer firefighter I have taken all the arson training classes that I could and I want to move on in the field. The Nat'l Fire Academy says I have to be employed as a fire investigator to be enrolled there, but without training how do I? I am in PA and would like to stay here to do my education, but I would be willing to move out of state. Any suggestions? How do I become a certified fire investigator??

Fire207
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

You should join the IAAI or another organization like that. There are a few that offer certification courses.
    R Bruce Shanabarger
    Investigator
    Allen County Fire & Arson Specialized Team
    Churubusco,IN.

------------------
    Bruce Shanabarger Churubusco,In. ICQ# 25729114

FF McDonald
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

parkerfp 1--

Hope this info helps.

University of New Haven; New Haven, Connecticut has a program geared toward Fire Investigation. It is a Fire Administration degree, with a minor in Arson Investigation. As far as I know, they are one, if not the only school that offers a program like this. University of Maryland, College Park; and Oklahoma State University (where I go ) are geared more toward Fire Protection Engineering / Fire Protection & Safety Technology, respectively. UNH is nice because they make you take classes that you will need if/when you get involved in Arson investigation. Criminal justice classes, criminal psychology, etc... I was considering going there, until I found out about OSU. It also came down to money matters as well.
    I will post the link to UNH tomorrow. I have a class to study for. I'm not sure, but I do believe that this is as close as you'll get to PA.

Fire207 is also right. Check with the IAAI. They should have plenty of information. Good Luck.
    Marc

link is as follows: www.newhaven.edu/UNH/academics/schools/PSPS/ProfessionalStudies.html

just the school: www.newhaven.edu
    link to IAAI: http://<a href="http://www.fire-inve...gators.org</a>

[This message has been edited by FF McDonald (edited October 20, 1999).]

Thread Information