FF McDonald
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool Training for Cause/Origin Investigation

Looking to those of you that are in the field already to shed some light on the subject.

Where are good places to find training regarding Arson, and Cause/Origin Investigation?

I find the field very interesting, and would like to glean a little knowledge from you guys as to your experiences as to where to find training opportunities.

------------------
    Marc

"In Omnia Paratus"

-- The opinions presented here are my own; and are not those of any organization that I belong to, or work for.

George Wendt, CFI
    Firehouse.com Guest

Become a member of the International Association of Arson Investigators and the NJ Chapter. (www.fire-investigators.org). You will find that the NJ Chapter is hosting this year's IAAI Annual General Meeting in Atlantic City, NJ. Also, the NJ Chapter runs at least one 80 hour basic fire investigation school each year. Also, get the training catalog from the NJ Division of Fire Safety. They run a number of training schools infire investigation each year.

George

FFTrainer
    Firehouse.com Guest

George --

Are there any prerequisites to Investigation training? Do you need to be in Law Enforcement, a Fire Official in town, etc or is it open to any FF who has the interest and commitment?

[This message has been edited by FFTrainer (edited 02-02-2001).]

Thread Information