Looking for the Penguin that stole my beer.

Default Intrested in becoming a State Fire Investigator

Currently I am in the Army serving as an Air Defense officer. But I am looking to the future and I am really interested in becoming a PA State Police Fire Investigator. If you have any information on the qualifications needed for the job, whether it is PA or another state, please either respond to the forum or email me. Thanks. Drew
    ---NO RETREAT... NO SURRENDER---

______Look Ma'... No Hands______

Drew,
    Your first step to become a PA State Police Fire Marshal is to become a Pennsylvania State Police Trooper. You can obtain the requirements and process to become a Trooper from the Pennsylvania State Police Website or contact your local PA State Police barracks. Hope this helps you out.

Steven C. Rowe
    Steven C. Rowe Fire Investigation

Forum Member

As you look at this, you need to consider a few other things as well:

1. There are very few PA State Police Fire Marshalls at all, and they don't turn over frequently, so these positions are difficult to get. The SPFM assigned to our local area is my aunt's nephew (really), and I know for a fact that he had to put in a good bit of interstate traffic duty & such before a SPFM position came open that he could get into...and that was after growing up in the volunteer fire service, taking the training, etc.

2. This is a trooper's position. If you want to advance in the PSP (Corporal, etc.), you have to give up the SPFM position to do it. Those SPFMs I know or am acquainted with love the job, so they simply don't take the test to advance and stay where they are. Still, it's something to consider.

If you want it, go for it...but look into municipal, private and out-of-state possibilities, too.

Thread Information