Forum Member

Default Colorado Seminar/Conference

Good day to all. Here is a reminder of our upcoming seminar in Colorado. Registrations are coming in on a regular basis now...If you wish to attend let us know as soon as possible so that we can save you a seat!!

Since 1995, the Colorado Chapter of the International Association of Arson Investigators and Investigations of the Future have presented the latest in fire investigation techniques and technology.

What we have learned is how interdependent the fire investigative community is with law enforcement, private investigations, the insurance industry and the legal community in minimizing the impact that fire and arson imparts on our lives and property.

With that in mind, Professional Investigative Engineers, Phoenix Investigations Inc., and the Colorado Chapter of the International Association of Arson Investigators have formed a partnership to bring you the latest in fire investigations training. In addition, because of the far reaching implications of any investigation, we have included presentations of a more global perspective to acquaint all with the various resources and latest information available to assist any investigator involved with any type of civil or criminal investigation.

One of the websites is up and running for your viewing at www.callpie.com/conference/pie.html.

Please visit the website at www.callpie.com/conference/pie.html and register early!

Regards;

Robert K. Toth, President
    Colorado Chapter of the International Assoc. of Arson Investigators www.callpie.com/conference/pie.html
    Investigations of the Future

Forum Member

How does this stack up to MAIA?

I would highly recommend this seminar to all investigators. Bob, Kevin and the people who put this together are first class investigators and some of the best instructors around. You will go away with a ton of information you never had before and a whole new thought process.

Nate Marshall
    Foothills Fire Rescue
    Golden, Colorado

Forum Member

Originally posted by eyecue:
    How does this stack up to MAIA?
    To Whom It May Concern;

Sorry for the formality. You do not have a name anywhere on your post or your profile???

I went to the MAIA conference 10 years ago in Grand Junction when Jim Jordon et.al. put on the conference. So to try and compare the two, I can not. I don't know what curriculum and faculty MAIA puts on every year. but I can tell you about our conference.

We have experts, literally from around the world, give their presentations. In past years, we have had Dr. Henry Lee, John DeHaan, and Avinoam Sapir, to name a few.

This year is no exception. We are having a return visit from Peter Beering, the only attorney I know who is also a CFI through the IAAI and a national leader and expert in Terrorism and WMD. He will be presenting an entire day this year.

Here is his curriculum:

Morning:
    Fire behavior - the paradigm has shifted
    Documenting the scene using new tools
    Things I wish your mother had told you about testifying
    Outwit, outplay, outlast, Cross in the new millennium

Afternoon:
    What fire investigators need to know about terrorism
    The threat
    Assessing the threat
    Investigating the aftermath
    Lessons learned since September

Every year that we have put on the conference we have attracted attendees from all over the world. In past years we have had attendees from Korea, UK, and South Africa. A number of them are return guests!

I can't compare it to the MAIA, you will have to make that comparison. But I can tell you that we are following the same formula we have followed in past years and expect no less in the content and quality we have enjoyed in the past.

Regards;

Robert K. Toth, President
    Colorado Chapter of International Assoc. of Arson Investigators

Don't miss...
    Investigations of the Future
    January 21 - 25, 2002 http://www.callpie.com/conference/pie.html

Thread Information