1. #1
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Central NJ

    Default Job as Fire or Arson Investigator

    Hello everyone I am brand new to this forum.....I have been a police officer for 8 years and a volunteer firefighter for three years...I am very interested in fire/arson investigation and would like to do it either part time or full time as a career change I was just wondering if anyone here would have any info on how I would apply for a job training or how I would get started...I am willing to relocate to anonther state if necessary...I am not sure in some depts do you have to be a career firefighter first? I reside in the NJ area...Moving out west would be nice...Cali...Arizona etc

  2. #2
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2001


    Become a member of IAAI or contact a state chapter of IAAI. The ARIZONA CHAPTER is a very active orginization.

  3. #3
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2001


    It verys from city to city. some the police do the investigations and some the fire dept does it. In some fire departments you can come in as a civilan and do not have to be a firefighter. you can look into insurance companies some hire just fire investigators and some you do other investigations along with fire. if you have a degree and under 35 you can look into ATF. Also look at the state level they sometimes have there own investigators.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register