Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Red face Automatic Fire Sprinkler help

Hi Group

I need some information on Automatic fire sprinklers.

Specifically I need someone to point me to some illustrations and descriptions of sprinkler head parts.

I need to be able to properly describe the parts of a recessed type sprinkler found in a enclosed paint spray booth.

The sprinklers in question seem to be missing the thermal link and water supply lines.

I need to be able to properly document the missing items so the respective members of the legal community can understand what I'm talking about.

Yes, I have checked google and the other search engines. All I seem to be able to find is advertisements for sprinkler companies and other articles. No diagrams of a sprinkler.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Kevin Gilday

MembersZone Subscriber

Not for nothin, but do you suppose if you got yourself hired to investigate this problem that you would actually be able to explain it?
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Talking

George

Thanks for the reply, as you can see from my private I am already being payed to investigate them.

The problem I have is getting the proper nomenclature for the paperwork.

Kevin

MembersZone Subscriber

I corresponded with Safety1 off list and understand the situation. Here is part of my reply to him.

Here's what I would do. My first stop would be the building, plumbing and electrical inspectors office. This thing should have had multiple inspections. It is hard to believe that it got by everybody. It's damn near just as expensive to do it fake as it is real.

Then, I would make sure I have about a million pictures of this thing. If he gets wind that you are on to him, he may have it set up so it IS real.

Then I would go to his property insurance company and get the records that should exist for their inspections. This should have included a flow test. Hard to have flow if you don't have pipes.

Go to a good library and peruse a copy of the NFPA Handbook. There should be extensive references to all types of sprinklers in there. If that doesn't work, contact your local office of FM Global Insurance Co. and ask to talk to one of the Risk Engineers or Account Reps. They used to be Factory Mutual Insurance and they should have some very useful booklets. Might be for sale, but maybe you could weasel one out of them.

Finally, this is the web site for the National Fire Sprinkler Association. I have never looked at the whole site, but you might get a local contact. www.firesprinklerassoc.org

Good luck. If you strike out, let me know.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Thread Information