1. #1
    Firehouse.com Guest

    Default Pump Certification after an accident

    Our Second due engine was involved in a T-bone accident on Saturday.
    The pump are took the hardest hit should we get a full UL Pump test or will a yearly certification be okay.
    I hope we won't need a new pump and can get away with just replacing whats broke.
    If you have any thoughts on upgrades while it's down please post them. It's a 1992 1750 GPM Waterous with a ross intake relief valve and an American Lafrance Governor. My only thought was to yank the booster reel and put a generator in it's place.
    Thanks for your input


  2. #2
    Firehouse.com Guest


    Dan, I'f I remember correctly. As/per NFPA 1901, If the Engine and or Transmission were rebuilt or had major work, It would require a Certification test to be done. This should apply to your situation. There could be hidden damage done, that would not show up on a Flow Test. The same would apply to major pump work.... John

  3. #3
    Captain Hickman
    Firehouse.com Guest


    E7 is correct..

    You should have the pumper recertified. Even if you didn't replace the engine or transmission, which could possibly changed ratios or operating speed of the pump. A UL test will take longer, but if there was any damage to the pump, it had a better change of finding unseen damage.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register