Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Fyrtrks
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default Pump Certification after an accident

Our Second due engine was involved in a T-bone accident on Saturday.
    The pump are took the hardest hit should we get a full UL Pump test or will a yearly certification be okay.
    I hope we won't need a new pump and can get away with just replacing whats broke.
    If you have any thoughts on upgrades while it's down please post them. It's a 1992 1750 GPM Waterous with a ross intake relief valve and an American Lafrance Governor. My only thought was to yank the booster reel and put a generator in it's place.
    Thanks for your input

Dan

E7engineer
    Firehouse.com Guest

Dan, I'f I remember correctly. As/per NFPA 1901, If the Engine and or Transmission were rebuilt or had major work, It would require a Certification test to be done. This should apply to your situation. There could be hidden damage done, that would not show up on a Flow Test. The same would apply to major pump work.... John

Captain Hickman
    Firehouse.com Guest

E7 is correct..

You should have the pumper recertified. Even if you didn't replace the engine or transmission, which could possibly changed ratios or operating speed of the pump. A UL test will take longer, but if there was any damage to the pump, it had a better change of finding unseen damage.

Thread Information