Thread: PDP

ranger23
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question PDP

I have recently changed career departments. I was taught to pump a truck by figuring friction loss and adding the required nozzle pressure to get my PDP. My new depart has a pre-figured chart that does not add up when you do the math, and I mean they are off in some cases 30 to 40 psi. They also have a guideline of using 200ft of 1 3/4" hose after a foam eductor flowing 150gpm. Has anyone tried this using a fog nozzle and does it give you a good quality blanket or are these guys off in left field.

ADSN/WFLD
    Firehouse.com Guest

What you need to do in general is find out, (without being a know it all), how they came up with their numbers. They may have flow tested their equipment, and are using those numbers. As for the foam, again just ask. Their is more than one way to skin a cat. If you just started I'd be very careful about criticizing what your new department does.

Good Luck and stay safe

firecat1524
    Firehouse.com Guest

It could be like the foam enducters my dept uses. When we tried using them at the suggested pressures they didn't seem to do what we wanted them to do. After trial and error on the drill team, we bumped the pressure up 20 lbs and they work fine. The same with the low pressure nozzles we use on my pumper.

Thread Information